Honour our commitments on leaving the EU ? Sod off...

Sponsored Links
It's reported in todays' papers that a cross-party group of MPs is going to challenge the government into not going down the route of a 'hard' Brexit should negotiations fail.
Do those idiots not realize that in tying the governments hands into not allowing for the eventuality of a 'no deal is better than a bad deal' card, it will only harden the EUs resolve to stonewall until we come up with even more concessions.
It's about time the government stiffened its' resolve and stopped faffing about with talk of 'deep friendship' and 'transition period'.
(BTW, a transition period could be extended indefinitely were we to accept one, which means not leaving the EU; so much for democracy).

The way I see it, weve agreed to pay the full amount for 2 years, so what incentive does the EU have to do anything? Barnier will, carry on saying 'not enough progress' for ever.

The way I see it, weve agreed to pay the full amount for 2 years, so what incentive does the EU have to do anything? Barnier will, carry on saying 'not enough progress' for ever.
The UK requested a transition period not the EU. Barnier need say nothing.

Sponsored Links
The way I see it, weve agreed to pay the full amount for 2 years

no, Theresa offered to pay an amount for two years. It was not a "divorce settlement" it was an offer to pay for access to the Single Market after resigning from the EU.

How did she calculate it? Not disclosed.

We established over two years ago that there were only four options on offer. The Quitters would never say which one they were voting for, because they had a fantasy of getting all the benefits of membership without being paid-up members and conforming to the rules of membership. This is an option that is not on offer, has never been on offer, and the EU has told UK so repeatedly.

I don't really think that even the Brexit campaigners ever actually believed in it. Like the "£350million a week" lie, it was just a story to get the gullible voting.

yes u are Noseall its called democracy ;) I assume u know what it means ??

The level and lack of basic understanding of our constitution and democracy is staggering. We have a representative democracy, we elect representatives who make decisions on our behalf. They do not need to reflect any prevailing mood, consensus or referendum.

It is not a direct democracy - never has been.

The level and lack of basic understanding of our constitution and democracy is staggering. We have a representative democracy, we elect representatives who make decisions on our behalf. They do not need to reflect any prevailing mood, consensus or referendum.

It is not a direct democracy - never has been.

In which case they had the opportunity to vote the Brexit vote down when it was brought before Parliament as ordered by the high court

& they did not vote it down.

no they do not have to respect any referendum. the same people who pontificate to the rest of the world on democracy

In which case they had the opportunity to vote the Brexit vote down when it was brought before Parliament as ordered by the high court

& they did not vote it down.

no they do not have to respect any referendum. the same people who pontificate to the rest of the world on democracy

They didn't vote it down because they feared a populace whipped up by the media. The referendum will be one of Camerons legacies like the mess that will be Hinkley C.

Sponsored Links
Back