Hot Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which 27 countries do think he's talking about that I couldn't work in?
He didn't say you couldn't, he said you have lost the right to work there. Which is true.

Sponsored Links
He didn't say you couldn't, he said you have lost the right to work there. Which is true.
So if I have visa saying I can work in a particular EU country, have I right to work there or not?

Yes, which has got nothing to do with losing your rights.
You mean those rights which had strings attached?
You best read what he said again, which was ' Brits no longer have the right to live, work, or retire in 27 countries '
Which is not true as I've demonstrated.

Sponsored Links
Which is not true as I've demonstrated.
Yes it is. You no longer have that right.

Pre brexit you could do what you liked, now you need a visa which you may not get or may be withdrawn. There is a big difference.

So the opinion was based on facts

I think it is more that, based on the facts (a mixture of those agreed and those determined in court) - i.e that an extremely prominent businessman, who said Brexit would benefit the UK economically, moves his HQ to Singapore shortly after Brexit - it is possible that an honest commentator could have formed the opinion that James Dyson has "screwed the country". But the judge also said that "the honest commentator does not have to be logical and he does not have to be evidence-based". It seems to be a very broad test.

Yes it is. You no longer have that right.

Pre brexit you could do what you liked, now you need a visa which you may not get or may be withdrawn. There is a big difference.
There may be a difference which is patently obvious but it doesn't mean you don't have a right if you have the all the pre requisite paperwork.
Like how you defend having a closed shop policy, they're good at it where trading with third world countries are concerned.
Do you see that as a benefit to join because of its policy on trade with third world countries.

if you have the all the pre requisite paperwork
Which is a burden not required previously. You no longer have the right to work in an EU country without their permission. You did have that right previously, which has been withdrawn.
Like how you defend having a closed shop policy, they're good at it where trading with third world countries are concerned.
Do you see that as a benefit to join because of its policy on trade with third world countries.
I don't understand that.

Which is a burden not required previously. You no longer have the right to work in an EU country without their permission. You did have that right previously, which has been withdrawn.

I don't understand that.
So we got there in the end although it appears seems a bit of a ball ache to you (perhaps not to someone who's lined themselves up with a well renumerated job) but we as British citizens with the pre requisite paperwork have a right to work in an EU country.
The bit you dont understand I can understand you wanting to turn a blind eye to it, a lot of do. Best get all them resources out of Africa on the cheap eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back