Ideal logic+ installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning to replace our faulty Potterton boiler with a combi in the next couple of weeks. Have had the Ideal logic + recommended and have a central heating engineer lined up to install as a favour.

Wondering do I need to arrange a spark to link the existing thermostat to the new system? Anyone advise please... :?:

Sponsored Links
The ideal logic is absolute crap avoid like the plague. There are far better boilers for less money.

I've never fitted one or even looked at one, so I can't comment on this boiler. But anyone fitting an Ideal must want their head tested.

DM is right though, that there are many boilers out there that knock the spots of Ideal and are a lot more reliable.

Fit an Ideal boiler at your peril and don't come back on here in 18 months and say it has been a load of trouble :eek: :rolleyes: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
take no notice of this idiot. :rolleyes: why is it crap?

excellent boiler.

scratch-head02-idea-animated-animat.gif

It's ideal.

the ideal logic is the best combi on the market iv tried worcester, glowworm vaillant viessmann, baxi. none of these even come close..

The ideal logic is absolute crap avoid like the plague. There are far better boilers for less money.

gotta disagree DM

its a tidy boiler to fit and work on and it seems ideal have leanrt alot since the isar.

we have fitted a shed load and no call backs at all so far.

but then again i have said it before and i will say it again ALL new boilers are carp

:)

(bring back the lynx 2 best combi ever :) )

ive fitted i think 13 ideal logic + so far ,all for one landlord in small flats these boilers wernt my choice but this landlord supplies all his own materials ,so far i have had 0 call backs one didnt work out of the box but was rectfied after a call to there tech service which was answered quickly and the isuse was resolved whilst still on phone.

wasnt a fan of ideal but tbh there very easy to fit ,light cheap and so far only isuues ive had was getting used to the silly clip in part of the flue but thats easy enough now.

A least ideal are consistent;

Minimiser
Response
Isar
Icos
Turbo 2
Classic combi
Mexico he
Istor

Etc etc they're all crap.

boiler looks ok but time will tell. Anyone who says a brand new model thats not even been out a year is reliable is very naive at best.
It will be better of course as they've taken off the shelf hydraulics instead of a one off design like their previous poor efforts.
That however just puts them on par with about 80% of the market with off the shelf products inside the case, so then you would have to ask, why not buy one of them instead?

I'm with you Micky, buy one & try one.

Oh yes we all know about Ideal's poor record and frankly the 'sheds' they manufacture...................We've all been there, 7.00pm on a Friday Winter night, when we should be with our family or down the Pub, but no, we are stuck in front of this pile of Ideal sh.te, with an OAP customer looking over your shoulder. Bitter, of course we are bitter!!

On the other hand, they're a British manufacturer, providing British jobs and by God we need these jobs now more than anytime before. So it may be better if we dissect the boiler, look at it's componants in more detail. What do you think??

the ideal logic is the best combi on the market iv tried worcester, glowworm vaillant viessmann, baxi. none of these even come close..

In that case you are clearly retarded or a marketing man for ideal; probably both.

you can not give your expert opinion on this if you havn't used one can you? at least il give all things a fair crack, i just try an be openminded
unlike you who can only fit one model, as your brain power might not be able to cope with change :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back