Ideal logic+ installation

Sponsored Links
dangermouse46";p="1681942 said:
the ideal logic is the best combi on the market iv tried worcester, glowworm vaillant viessmann, baxi. none of these even come close..

In that case you are clearly retarded or a marketing man for ideal; probably both.

Can you suggest some of a similar price? And will I need a spark to assist in the installation.

To slag off a boiler as crap without installing one is very harsh.

IMO all boiler manufacterers have had problems in the past and we have all probably been stung by a boiler that has let us down badly. I could name other boilers that have let me down but i refrain from doing so as i am an open minded person willing to give second chances to such companies.

I have installed Logic boilers and will continue to do so. Some of those Logics already installed have been going for nearly a year, without problems and i am confident that they will continue to do so.

Dont knock it til you try it!

Regards.

Sponsored Links
no spark req. at least i hope not!

No because there is no boiler on the market better.

Well, if you are of that mind, sell it to me then loon!!

Tell me about the main HE & the quality of the fan, circulator, DW HE, PCB etc, etc.

It's an Alum. heat exchanger is it not, well they are not getting great reviews? Most prefer SS?

I have installed Logic boilers and will continue to do so. Some of those Logics already installed have been going for nearly a year, without problems and i am confident that they will continue to do so.

Even Isars, Icos, Response and minimisers lasted the first year.

I won't be convince until thay have been trouble free for 4 years or more, as Ideals ali HE often leaks and fails at 3-4 years old.

Even if they do appear to be ok, one still has the problem of Ideal always trying to wangle out of the warranty.

well me mandy have agrement about logic 5 years 11months 3 weeks 5 days to go
however i would say try main boilers cheep and proven

Best price deal at present seems to be the Potterton Gold

24Kw in flue £535
28Kw including flue £585.

I'd fit one of these every time over a crap Ideal boiler.

I'm with you Micky, buy one & try one.

Oh yes we all know about Ideal's poor record and frankly the 'sheds' they manufacture...................We've all been there, 7.00pm on a Friday Winter night, when we should be with our family or down the Pub, but no, we are stuck in front of this pile of Ideal sh.te, with an OAP customer looking over your shoulder. Bitter, of course we are bitter!!

On the other hand, they're a British manufacturer, providing British jobs and by God we need these jobs now more than anytime before. So it may be better if we dissect the boiler, look at it's componants in more detail. What do you think??
main are british made so are baxi wocester

The baxi duotecs are made in italy. So I assume that as Potterton and Main are the same boilers, they will be to.

I'm with you Micky, buy one & try one.

Oh yes we all know about Ideal's poor record and frankly the 'sheds' they manufacture...................We've all been there, 7.00pm on a Friday Winter night, when we should be with our family or down the Pub, but no, we are stuck in front of this pile of Ideal sh.te, with an OAP customer looking over your shoulder. Bitter, of course we are bitter!!

On the other hand, they're a British manufacturer, providing British jobs and by God we need these jobs now more than anytime before. So it may be better if we dissect the boiler, look at it's componants in more detail. What do you think??
main are british made so are baxi wocester

Worcester Tupperware Bosch are made by the Cruits & as said the Baxi/Main are made in Italy!! But hey, I'm not saying Ideal are good, far from it, I just hope they are better than their other 'sheds' & we can fit them & maintain our reputation.

If your bothered about your reputation "WHY DO YOU TALK SO MUCH SH!T ON A PUBLIC FORUM" time served heating engineer or part time clown?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back