Ideal logic+ installation

All modern boilers are shiite, I will be fitting my 4th Logic + next week, if it performs as well as the Isars and Icos's I have fitted over the years I will be happy, as I have had no real problems other than the pcb issues and only one spark electrode, what boilers havent had a pcb issue, glowworm tried to
wriggle out of their obligation years back on the Ultimate, and had the gall to charge 50p a min to talk to tech line, their all waankkers.

Sponsored Links
Would not disagree with Pendict ' however Ideal were or are one of the big players in the boiler market & alot of installers have suffered alot of damage to there reps from useing Ideal products , lost time money customers ect ect , so one cannot blame them for the hostility towards the manufacturer !!

Any new boiler introduced into the market , time will tell if it is any good or not ! fitting X amount of boilers that have only been out for a short time & there has been no trouble in the last year is to me irrelavant & tells me what ?? post back in the next 3 or 4 years that would be of more relevance , surely ?? as for these 5 year + warrantys time will tell ?? ;) ;) as for myself never used Ideals doubt I ever will , but I have installed some right c**p in my day , or boilers that turned out to be right c**p only fit for the nearest skip , & the saddest part of it I installed them for decent people to who sought my advice , they trusted me & ultimately I let them down :oops:

Would not disagree with Pendict ' however Ideal were or are one of the big players in the boiler market & alot of installers have suffered alot of damage to there reps from useing Ideal products , lost time money customers ect ect , so one cannot blame them for the hostility towards the manufacturer !!

Any new boiler introduced into the market , time will tell if it is any good or not ! fitting X amount of boilers that have only been out for a short time & there has been no trouble in the last year is to me irrelavant & tells me what ?? post back in the next 3 or 4 years that would be of more relevance , surely ?? as for these 5 year + warrantys time will tell ?? ;) ;) as for myself never used Ideals doubt I ever will , but I have installed some right c**p in my day , or boilers that turned out to be right c**p only fit for the nearest skip , & the saddest part of it I installed them for decent people to who sought my advice , they trusted me & ultimately I let them down :oops:

Could not agree more Transam.

Sponsored Links
Temprise don't u work for eaga/ideal?

DANGERMOUSE 46 I have read your comments with interest, please advise on an alternative for similar price.

Ecotecpro24, baxi 105he, main combi, vokera compact, biasi.

All better and similar money

He said better than the logic. not worse :LOL: :LOL: THE IDEAL LOGIC IS AN EXCELLENT BOILER
FOR GOD SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5TIMES, do you work for Ideal?

Just that 5times is usually the number of visits you need from an Ideal engineer to get their boilers working again :eek: :LOL:

as I have had no real problems other than the pcb issues and only one spark electrode, what boilers havent had a pcb issue

er loads. :rolleyes:

I find it amazing people are happy with any failures on boilers they install within the first few years. Sure you might get the odd one but if I had more than 5% fail inside 3yrs I'd be looking for a new product.
seems many people who fit unreliable boilers have managed to convince themselves that all new boilers are rubbish so it doesn't matter. well sorry, reality check, there's plenty good boilers out there that will last easy 15yrs+ and only fail maybe once or twice in that time if your unlucky. Still if you wanna live in the "all boilers are sh1t" land thats fine there your customers not mine. I'm sure they'll be really pleased to read about your faith in the products your selling them.

Why are you answering for 5TIMES :confused:

I was just jesting ;)

I like Ideal boilers being carp. I'm getting more and more now at about 4 years old that the customer wants them ripped out and usually says, 'fit what you like as long as it is not another Ideal'.

Had another one last Friday.

Music to my ears and bank balance ;)

OP

I'm not going to slag off the logic because i have not fitted any!
but do you really want a boiler from amanufacturer who will not even repair you boiler when it goes wrong even though it is supposedly still under warranty?

personally i would look elsewhere as said above there are several alternatives

from my own experience vokera come out best for service when things go wrong, and have a low failure rate. baxi/potterton seem to have learnt their lesson after the Suprima debarcle and I have fitted a few combi's of theirs without issue.

I'm with you Micky, buy one & try one.

Oh yes we all know about Ideal's poor record and frankly the 'sheds' they manufacture...................We've all been there, 7.00pm on a Friday Winter night, when we should be with our family or down the Pub, but no, we are stuck in front of this pile of Ideal sh.te, with an OAP customer looking over your shoulder. Bitter, of course we are bitter!!

On the other hand, they're a British manufacturer, providing British jobs and by God we need these jobs now more than anytime before. So it may be better if we dissect the boiler, look at it's componants in more detail. What do you think??
main are british made so are baxi wocester

Worcester Tupperware Bosch are made by the Cruits & as said the Baxi/Main are made in Italy!! But hey, I'm not saying Ideal are good, far from it, I just hope they are better than their other 'sheds' & we can fit them & maintain our reputation.

then goto this web site and say that again http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baxi
please spot the bit head quaters derby could that be in england

Baxi are made in Italy and shipped over here to sell.

Trainer on my Baxi Duotec course seemed only too proud of the fact they were made by good old italians :rolleyes:

dont want to make you wrong dave but baxi have a factory in Preston making
baxi duo-techs...my fathers had a tour of the place...

i think they will be making the back boilers there as well but cant be sure

dave they do have a factory in itaily but majority is made over here
as it was mentioned in my main course i went on that demand hit recored highs with the scappage scheam they had to sub out to other factorys
but baxi are british company but unlike ideal made it big time i wonder why one lot make carp boiler other one makes decent boilers hmmm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back