Ideal logic+ installation

its not the boiler that people are taking offence to, its the company making it. why do you think that after producing a long line of utter junk and treating installers like they have the plague, that ideal are suddenly the blue eyed boys of boiler manufacturers?? people are fitting logics because they are cheap and have a long warantee, the same as people fit ferroli optimaxs or whatever else is the cheapest 'on offer' combi. carry on fitting your logics, your welcome to them, slightest sniff of trouble and we'll see how you get on then.

Sponsored Links
Funny thread. :D :D :D

For what it's worth, I've fitted tens of thousands of Ideals and never had a single callback. I love 'em. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

we fitted hundreds of classics with the same outcome. isars/icos's and the resulting fallout kind of tarnished the ideal relationship!

I was having a laugh. ;)

Fitted a few E types, Concords, Mexicos and W's years ago when they were robust. Then came the electronic age.

I must admit I did fit one Icos 4 years ago as it was the only one to fit in the space. I still sh*t myself every time the phone rings. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I was having a laugh. ;)

I must admit I did fit one Icos 4 years ago as it was the only one to fit in the space. I still sh*t myself every time the phone rings. :LOL:

:D :D Must admit we fitted a load of csi ravenheats and we sh*t ourselves every time the phone rings as well , we have a couple of brand new icos's in our lock up (not the combi's ) we got them a while back for about £50 I think they came from TP's had damaged casing's !

Must admit till I came on here never knew that they (& Ideal boilers) were that bad , certainly been an education !!

Can not believe people slag off a product without fitting it first!
Logic is a fantastic boiler. Every componant inside is top quality. Fitted a number of these now with no issues and know many worscester,baxi,glow worm and vailant installers that are now fitting logic.
One of my mates has fitted 50 in last year with no problem.
If you do not like ideal, then fair enough, but do not slag off a product you have not fitted or seen.
it is good to be able to support a british manufacturing company who have learnt from past products and built a desent well priced piece of kit.

So how long have you worked for ideal?

:LOL:

Of course, all people that have fitted Logics MUST work for Ideal, because for what other reason would we fit one :rolleyes:

Try one, then comment and see what you think afterwards.

I dare you !!!!!!!!!!! :LOL:

Regards

Numerous manufacturers have released boilers (dumped might be more accurate?) into the market to a fanfare of trumpets , that have turned out to be total Turkeys , which have cost the installer time , money, & damaged there rep's ! I have very little time for anyboiler manufacturer it basically comes down to those I have slightly more time for than others ???

As for boilers ,there are those who install only , eg they have no interest in maintaining the boiler during its life time , in which case it probably does not matter what they fit ?? I do not see the relevance of pasts from some that state that they have fitted X amount of newley released boilers in the last year ect & have had no trouble?? reliability can only be established over a period of time which would not be a year , a post in 4 years time would have more relevance

I have no doubt that some of the posters that state the logic is the greatest thing since slice bread are working for ideal... and for the others...well god know what goes through their heads.

do you know how heart breaking it is to tell a 70 year old that the boiler she got under warmfront(isar 30he) is beyond economic repair? that she now has to pay out money that she can ill afford for a new boiler only after 2 bloody years. :eek:

ideal should be ashamed of them selfs to making such a shower of ****

but lets be fair...

since the isar/icos was not fit for purpose and was a shower of ****, if ideal did a recall and replaced all of them with this "vastly better" logic+ boiler and payed out compensation to all the poor buggers that have been put through heartache and financial burden fixing the **** ideal have made... then i will think about fitting their new boiler.

Mehran has a good point , the way I see it boiler manus have got away with some pretty dire products for far to long , we are constantly told by them about how much install faults have cost them , but I have never seen any figures on how much manu' faults have cost the installer/customer , I am conviced that alot of these 5 year + warrantys could all end in tears I have absolute faith in boiler manus , weasling there way out of it when they start getting alot of claims ??

Anyone else get the email form Ideal asking if they were your Ideal boiler manufactuer and wanting you to vote for them in the corgi awards :eek: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

how have ideal got your email address?!!!!! you fit them really on the sly dont you :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ideal have not produced a decent boiler since the classic. Yes it might be cheap, or look nice, or sound good. But that was the same when they came out with the response. Compact, well priced, high performance, but thousands fell apart in less than 5 years.
Nobody in his right mind would install their latest junk. If, and that is a big IF, it all goes fine from now on, I will reconsider in the twenties.

I used to fit them, regrettably I had fitted around 100 Isars/Icos before any trouble started to show with them :mad: :oops:

I ended up with over 40% failure rate. Biggest embarrassment I've ever had.

Hence why hell will freeze over before I try a Logic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back