I'm often asked what's my problem with BLM

you have no proof of your accusations ;) so stop making **** up
That's never bothered you before.
Since when did you suddenly acquire the desire for proof or evidence to prevent your wild imagination from its worst fantasies?

Sponsored Links
Its provoked a large group of racists to confirm publicly that they are racists...

And its exposed those who claim not to be racists whilst cheering on racist behaviour of others.

But anyway - you're against that gesture, but very much in favour of the gesture of calling for the England football team to boycott the next World Cup.

Fair enough.

8m saying ots an empty gesture and I don't think some know why they are doing it .... What have they done apart from bend the knee...... Some Premiership players only did it because they were told to.

Boycot Qatar and then I'm fully behind them

Since the workers in question are a foreign underclass in Qatar, with fewer rights and protections because of that, the way theyre being treated is a racism/social justice issue - I must admit I didnt think you were worried about those, so its good to see that you are.

Well I'm happy you see that as I am concerned. I've met people working in Qatar. Some are treated better than others in other industries. My Scottish mate had a Phillipino girlfriend who could not get her passport back because she wanted to go home...

There have been 6,750 deaths of south Asian migrants since Qatar was awarded the right to host the World Cup in 2010

Deaths
India 2,711

Nepal 1,641

Bangladesh 1,018

Pakistan 824

Sri Lanka 557

From the Guardian
There have always been large numbers of deaths amongst migrant workers in Qatar, and other countries.

------------------

Its great that you have at last come to realise that, and are campaigning against it, even though you must know that theres no chance of a boycott happening, and that its arguable that calling for it is an empty gesture.

But theres nothing wrong with that. All sorts of protests can be described as gestures - the point is to keep making them, and for more people to make them, until they can no longer be ignored.

Now your eyes have been opened, I wonder what else youll see?

------------------

For the avoidance of any doubt - my comments between the ------------------ are absolutey not cynical or sarcastic or mocking or anything like that - they are heartfelt and genuine - I really do think its good that you are becoming aware of whats going on in the world.

Sponsored Links
How is it connected/reated to your attitude to BLM, and to sportsmen expressing support for it and other anti-racist campaigns?

It's not. I don't like BLM like you don't like the tory party... I'm told however Football players bending the knee is nothing to do with BLM....

As these Football players have a direct link (not blame) to the migrants that have died I believe they should still by their morels and boycot Qatar...

If you Question why I care is because I've been to and most of the countries from where these migrants come from.. Good people trying to do the best for their families.

Surely that doesnt mean you think that people who had never been racists could be turned into ones by the sight of sportsmen going down on one knee?

No but aggravating the racist will only filter down to their children, and their children's children.

There have always been large numbers of deaths amongst migrant workers in Qatar, and other countries.

------------------

Its great that you have at last come to realise that, and are campaigning against it, even though you must know that theres no chance of a boycott happening, and that its arguable that calling for it is an empty gesture.

But theres nothing wrong with that. All sorts of protests can be described as gestures - the point is to keep making them, and for more people to make them, until they can no longer be ignored.

Now your eyes have been opened, I wonder what else youll see?

------------------

For the avoidance of any doubt - my comments between the ------------------ are absolutey not cynical or sarcastic or mocking or anything like that - they are heartfelt and genuine - I really do think its good that you are becoming aware of whats going on in the world.

I've travelled Asia I know what poverty is...

You work with me and try to get more support . Then we have a year to get England to boycott.

I don't think BLM has increased racial tension but I could believe the so-called 'taking the knee' has. I have no problem with other's doing it and I certainly wouldn't boo it, but I wouldn't take kindly to some troll trying to make me feel bad for not participating. The Women's cricket the other day have a 'stand against prejudice' campaign, which seems much more inclusive to me.

I'm of the opinion that 'Taking the Knee' (another USAism/import) is now losing it's effect outside of the USA. I think it is close to having a negative effect rather than a positive one; here is hoping the "The Women's cricket the other day have a 'stand against prejudice' campaign" has a longer lasting positive effect.

Gareth Southgate made it clear and as did Harry kane - for them taking the knee is make a protest against racial injustices.

Even thr Tory party culture war fanatics are realising its got little to do with the thrust of the BLM movement in the US.

Sponsored Links
Back