I'm often asked what's my problem with BLM

Sponsored Links
There have been 6,750 deaths of south Asian migrants since Qatar was awarded the right to host the World Cup in 2010

Deaths
India 2,711

Nepal 1,641

Bangladesh 1,018

Pakistan 824

Sri Lanka 557

From the Guardian
Clearly the vast majority were not stadium work related.
How many migrant workers have died in the last 10 years in UK?
1f9ce.png

You need to open you eyes up
You need to read beyond the headlines and question those headlines.
No where does it imply that all the deaths were stadium work related deaths.
That is purely your own assumption. I agree you were led to that assumption by the style of the reporting. But led you were.

1f9ce.png

Sponsored Links
You need to read beyond the headlines and question those headlines.
No where does it imply that all the deaths were stadium work related deaths.
That is purely your own assumption. I agree you were led to that assumption by the style of the reporting. But led you were.

1f9ce.png

How far do I need to read
Data from India, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka revealed there were 5,927 deaths of migrant workers in the period 2011–2020. Separately, data from Pakistan’s embassy in Qatar reported a further 824 deaths of Pakistani workers, between 2010 and 2020.

455.jpg

Mohammad Shahid Miah, 29, from Bangladesh, died when floodwater in his room came into contact with an exposed electric cable, electrocuting him.
The total death toll is significantly higher, as these figures do not include deaths from a number of countries which send large numbers of workers to Qatar, including the Philippines and Kenya. Deaths that occurred in the final months of 2020 are also not included.

How far do I need to read
Data from India, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka revealed there were 5,927 deaths of migrant workers in the period 2011–2020. Separately, data from Pakistan’s embassy in Qatar reported a further 824 deaths of Pakistani workers, between 2010 and 2020.

Mohammad Shahid Miah, 29, from Bangladesh, died when floodwater in his room came into contact with an exposed electric cable, electrocuting him.
The total death toll is significantly higher, as these figures do not include deaths from a number of countries which send large numbers of workers to Qatar, including the Philippines and Kenya. Deaths that occurred in the final months of 2020 are also not included.
No where in that report does it state or imply that the deaths were connected to the building of the stadiums.
Read the article without those tinted specs on.
Read, at the end, how many were related to the building of the stadiums.
And stop trying to obliterate the issue of taking the knee with accidental deaths in Quatar. Many of those deaths could be road accidents, falls from balconies, illnesses, etc.

1f9ce.png

You need to open you eyes up

Take a look at some of the goods you use or consume in your life ?

do you know where some of it comes from ? how it was made ?

Raw materials dug out the earth by some one on less than a dollar a day ? By some one with a Life expectancy 40
No health care ? No rights ?

child labour may be ?

Take a look at some of the goods you use or consume in your life ?

do you know where some of it comes from ? how it was made ?

Raw materials dug out the earth by some one on less than a dollar a day ? By some one with a Life expectancy 40
No health care ? No rights ?

child labour may be ?

My point is the WC in Qatar is directly attached to our players who have been bending the knee for the injustices of life... it's got far more relevant than a Criminal being g killed in America...

George should not have died like he did. But nore should 6500 people with young children die building stadiums for theses same footballers

My point is the WC in Qatar is directly attached to our players who have been bending the knee for the injustices of life... it's got far more relevant than a Criminal being g killed in America...

George should not have died like he did. But nore should 6500 people with young children die building stadiums for theses same footballers

well I would not neccedsrily dis agree with the principle of what you are saying

taking the knee is a gesture to appease the shouty minority ?

but when push comes to shove refusing to go to the World Cup is more serious so

nowt will happen they will go

no surprise tbh :ROFLMAO:

Even those spouting there principles have limits

Qatar World Cup: report reveals 34 stadium worker deaths in 6 years
https://www.business-humanrights.or...-reveals-34-stadium-worker-deaths-in-6-years/

well I would not neccedsrily dis agree with the principle of what you are saying

taking the knee is a gesture to appease the shouty minority ?

but when push comes to shove refusing to go to the World Cup is more serious so

nowt will happen they will go

no surprise tbh :ROFLMAO:

Even those spouting there principles have limits

and will make excuses

appeasers who when push comes to shove really don’t give a ****

no surprise

Hmmm wonder what would have happened to any player who refused to take the knee ???

You would have to go with the flow I suppose ?? Keep up appearances ? No big deal ?

More than 6,500 migrant workers from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have died in Qatar since it won the right to host the World Cup 10 years ago.

We need to stop England competing in next year's world Cup.
See at first you got it right. Now you've twisted the data to claim that all of the deaths were involved in the building of the stadiums.
Can you not see how the issue of migrant deaths is not necessarily related to the building of the stadiums?
For instance, have you found out what the deaths of migrant workers was like before Qatar won the WC bid, and compared the data?
Has your sources of information carried out that kind of investigation? Would they provide the data if they had?
Qatar World Cup: report reveals 34 stadium worker deaths in 6 years
https://www.business-humanrights.or...-reveals-34-stadium-worker-deaths-in-6-years/

Sponsored Links
Back