1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm often asked what's my problem with BLM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bodd, 13 Jul 2021.

1. Black Lives Matter has increased racial tension, 55% say in UK poll

2. Sponsored Links
  3. A majority of people believe Black Lives Matter, the anti-racism movement that spread across the UK this summer, has increased racial tension, according to a poll.

I'm not alone then......

One man said on the radio that he thinks 80% of those living in Britain are Racist.... I'd go as far as saying 100% are...

4. Tigercubrider

Tigercubrider

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Not surprising considering the bile that the red tops and the Tories are spewing.

A Government who insists that it's a "Neo Marxist" organisation that is a danger and condemn taking the knee yet changes tack once there's a chance in a major football tournament

5. JP_

JP_

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Who ran the poll?

6. JP_

JP_

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Adam Elliott-Cooper, a spokesman for BLM, says "They haven’t increased racial tension but they might have made it more apparent and exposed what is there.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...as-increased-racial-tension-55-say-in-uk-poll

Probably the biggest problem is how the media reported it. I remember at the start of the pandemic, my dad (who has said many racist things over the years) said it was spreading faster "because of all those BLM protests". Propaganda spreads faster than a virus.

7. Just over half (55%) of UK adults believe the BLM protests that took place in big cities but also in the Shetland Islands and the Isle of Wight, increased racial tensions, according to a survey of more than 2,000 people by pollsters Opinium. Only 17% of the people polled in October disagreed. The polling also showed 44% of ethnic minorities felt BLM increased racial tensions.

8. ellal

ellal

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Opinium

9. ellal

ellal

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Funnily enough a bigger cause of increased racial tension was brexit...

Again myths spread by the media...

But it's quite possible that the same idiots believe both ;)

10. Sponsored Links
  11. The polling also showed 44% of ethnic minorities felt BLM increased racial tensions.

Oh dear Elle the Bigot

12. jeds

jeds

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I don't think BLM has increased racial tension but I could believe the so-called 'taking the knee' has. I have no problem with other's doing it and I certainly wouldn't boo it, but I wouldn't take kindly to some troll trying to make me feel bad for not participating. The Women's cricket the other day have a 'stand against prejudice' campaign, which seems much more inclusive to me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mitch66

mitch66

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Spot on mate. If people make themselves feel good doing that, more power to them. It's when woke twats tell people who don't join in they are racists, that is my issue.

• Like Like x 1
  14. charliegolf

charliegolf

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  15. IT Minion

IT Minion

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Despite BLM there is no real problems with racism in football. It's just not visible.

Yet another Bodd thread on how only he cares about racism.

16. Thank you... others don't seem to see how much I care....

17. IT Minion

IT Minion

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Indeed, it is disappointing how little the people actually affected by racism care, and how all the minorities are causing themselves more trouble when all they have to do is exactly as you tell them. :(