India

I've said for a long time that the cases in India wasn't true, it had to be higher die to the way they lead there daily lives.

It's certainly a tragedy. Suppose all we can do is watch and wait see what happens, governments around the world have offered support packages.

Sponsored Links
Well we could send them some of our Vaccine doses. The US is mulling that over at the moment.

Well we could send them some of our Vaccine doses. The US is mulling that over at the moment.

I'm all for that but,

There is 1.4 billion people in India...

I doubt it will even touch the sides and it will likely go straight to the rich whom are the least likely to need it anyway.

Edit: to expand my thoughts written above I meant to go on and say we would need a lot more countries than the US and UK to donate in order to make a difference.

Last edited:
I'm all for that but,

There is 1.4 billion people in India...

I doubt it will even touch the sides and it will likely go straight to the rich whom are the least likely to need it anyway.
A million doses here, a million doses there and you do start making a real difference.

We're going to be dropping AZ for first doses once we get to the 30 year age group. Starting that a bit earlier will impact our ability to open up as quickly, but would save lives. I like to think we're the sort of country that would accept that cost.

The US has a pile of 60 million AZ shots in a warehouse somewhere, I'd be surprised if they don't end up handing those out.

Sponsored Links
I would estimate they are probably closer to 20,000 deaths per day.

Nice to see China jumping to the aid of their neighbours though........... oh, wait a minute.....
(China, 35000 to 1 chance of catching Covid compared with someone living in the Maldives)
Imagine how much spare medical equipment they have.

Maybe India's terrible situation may persuade some that this "virus" is perhaps a bit worse than 'flu and that whilst the UK and other countries responses have been flawed, lockdown and draconian laws, passed under emergency powers have been necessary and it's not just some sort of control being exercised by said government's. But they probably won't as they're always right in their mind.

Edit: to expand my thoughts written above I meant to go on and say we would need a lot more countries than the US and UK to donate in order to make a difference.
Nice to see China jumping to the aid of their neighbours though........... oh, wait a minute.....
(China, 35000 to 1 chance of catching Covid compared with someone living in the Maldives)
Imagine how much spare medical equipment they have.
Other countries are donating supplies. just because you don't hear about it, suggests two things, a) your choice of news channels is selective, (or your reporting is selective) and b) the news that that channel reports is selective.
EU (Ireland, Belgium, Romania, Luxembourg, Portugal and Sweden. Other EU countries are sending supplies unilaterally, e.g. Germany), US, UK, WHO, Israel, even Pakistan is sending supplies to its arch rival.
I suspect other countries are sending supplies, if they can, but it's not necessarily reported.

As bad as covid is India will still end up with more people post covid, population growth is around 40,000 a day.

I'm not for one second suggest what is happening is not truly awful, India and its people are a nation I have a lot of time for and they have my sympathy, but just trying to put the numbers into some sort of perspective. At the height of the pandemic in the UK deaths were around 2000 per day, if that rate was equalled in India then it would be around 42,500 per day. India has a very very big population.

Long term, India is reducing its population by selectively killing and aborting large numbers of baby girls.

Who will therefore never grow up and become wives and mothers.

The place is full of fruit cakes imo
Everyone's a fruit and nut case, if you happen to disagree with their politics, ideology, religion, culture, traditions, etc.
I think DUP are fruit cakes for not allowing abortion and promoting gay conversion therapy.
But it's their internal politics, and they're entitled to their opinion.
I'm happy to present reasoned arguments for or against ideologies, but simply denigrating them with puerile insults doesn't really help at all.

It's a large country. :rolleyes:
By population per square kilometre it ranks 19th in the world ranking.
Not really, if you remove principalities and small islands from that list (such as Singapore, Monaco Bahrain etc) then it will be 3rd or 4th with the likes of Holland and Bangladesh more tightly packed in.

Long term, India is reducing its population by selectively killing and aborting large numbers of baby girls.
India's population is still growing at something like 14 to 20 million per year. - it is totally unsustainable.
but even if the alleged practise of aborting unwanted babies at a very early stage was stopped it would have little impact in population growth.
By far the biggest contributor to poverty, suffering and early death in India is gross over population.

Modi has failed India with his Right wing BJP Party. Time after time his policies have caused havoc for the poor or dispossesed in India. His appeal to nationalism and Hindu fundamentalism has allowed poor politicians to maintina power who are incapable of handling this situation.

Sponsored Links
Back