Insurance renewal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its HIGHER THAN THE PREMIUM I PAID LAST YEAR!!!!

How did this happen!?!?!? :eek:

I'm 22, had two accidents, one at fault, two years ago now. This is the first renewal notice I've had from the AA, on behalf of Provident.

I remember last year I phoned them, and the nice geordie lass said I could get it cheaper by becoming a member. I did this and got my 10% discount.

£1401.20 jan 07
£1727.81 jan 08

They also sent me an "alternative" insurer quote from Zurich, quoting £1202.18. This is more like it. Still higher than I'd have liked though. :(

I also got a "letter of concern" from my area manager. FFS, its not a good morning. :(

Sponsored Links
Flippin heck, what kinda car do you drive?

Get shopping around for more quotes. I always thought as you got older, your premiums would go down, but they never do. It's cos of all the thefts and vandalism that goes on and depending on where you live, if car crime is high, then premiums will be high.

Insurance companies are there to rip you off. :mad:

And it is parked outside a certain convenience store.

But unless it is a performance car that is high.

Even the man from the Pru was thinking about £1700 for a new driver under 25, no experience 16 valve WV Polo ( or golf ).

Insurance companies are there to rip you off. :mad:

Not all of them. A friend had arranged a part exchange deal on his car at £800 trade in against a new car. Then he wrote it of. His fully comp insurance, without any questions, gave him £1800 for the totally loss and arranged all the recovery and transport home on top of that.

That said another friend is still fighting for a fair payout from anothe company who are finding every reason to avoid paying out on a legitimate claim.

It seems you do get what you pay for.......

Sponsored Links
Its a Fiesta. 1.4 diesel.

I just went on the AA website for a quote. The results were . . . interesting. :rolleyes:

Obviously you will already have tried CIS
Actually . . . I haven't :LOL: Might be worth me phoning them, now CIS is a branch of the company I work for (lots of merging happening), I could get discount.

I fell out with NU when they sent me a quote last year for £2800. :LOL: I think it was their idea of a sense of humour. :rolleyes:

CIS was the only place that would insure my brother's car a few years ago - only cos it's an imported car and the minute you tell them that, you can hear them gasping on the end of the phone. He's will Elephant just now and his last car was with Priviledge which gave him a really good deal.

Direct Line can be good.

I was normally with AA but went with NU once. They quoted me happy but in the time between me sending them a cheque for the deposit and the documents coming out, a guy crashed into me. I phoned to report the accident only to be told that they'd cancelled the policy because the cheque was damaged in the mail! Did they not think of getting in touch with me to advise that the cheque was mangled? No, apparently it's not their job to make sure that I make my payment!!!!!!

I got 6 points on me licence for it!
:cry:

I got my renew notice last week, so I went onto one of the many sites got 50 quotes, called back to my insurers (the one with the bulldog). THey said tell me what quotes you have I said 47 are lower than yours & gave them one, they said thats 50% cheaper & we can only discount to 30%, I said ok that will do, she said we cant.
So yes Im now with m+s.

steve, we have a 6 vehicle fleet policy with norwich union cheaper than u plus its any driver, but with excess for driver's as follow's of £250 under 25 ,x£350 under 24, £450 under 23, £550 under 22, £750 21or under so give them a try ;) hope it works or get your mum to do it and be a name driver. ;)

The company I used to work for had a fleet of over 2000 vehicles.
The only insurance we had was third party, not even fire and theft.
They had worked out the odds of vehicles being stolen , set on fire or complete write offs did not justify the extra cost.
Didn't do much good though for the managers of a branch if it was one of your vehicles written off, as the cost came from your trading account .

Sponsored Links
Back