Intergas...but which...

Firstly, I like the Intergas. There is a plethora of boilers out there. Some say only the Intergas as it only has a few moving parts. Fine, that is their `opinion`, not `sound advice`. No one is castigating that valid `opinion`, and a video was posted, not by the pros, promoting that product. Discussions emerged about its plus points.

But there is another combi that also has 4 moving parts and a video was posted on that as well. It modulates lower than the Intergas, the poor modulation of the Intergas the pros admit is a negative point, and it has quality 3rd party components. It is also very well laid out inside as the video showed. This was given up to the thread for interest. It emerges that the backup is poor, even though the product may be good, so a useful positive for people reading emerged from that. They can make a valued judgement. I find it amazing anyone could become annoyed over that.
Look, if it makes you happy, then fit a Ferroli... We don't really care what gets fitted. Perhaps it would be better if the pros here simply replied to a request for a recommendation based on our considerable experience of the equipment out there with a short "Google it" and the only other replies will be from Mr Green who, to be honest is a Google warrior who got spanked on the solid fuel flue on his thatched pile... Perhaps you know better and have fitted thousands of Ferrolis with not one issue.. I'd be interested to know

Sponsored Links
Can't think of any boiler installed post 2004 where I have not used an analyser.... Intergas or otherwise.

Yes I have installed others...... Ah every time.... I think my.... Feck me... I wouldn't have to do all this shyte with the Intergas. But a CPA is not one of them.

Last edited:
Can't think of any boiler installed post 2004 where I have not used an analyser.... Intergas or otherwise.

Yes I have installed others...... Ah every time.... I think my.... Feck me... I wouldn't have to do all this shyte with the Intergas. But a CPA is not one of them.

Yes, but that's because you're with the one you love not just spending time being polite to an aquaintance.

Sponsored Links
Look, if it makes you happy, then fit a Ferroli...
You have not read all the thread. Please keep away if it makes your blood boil. No one made you open the thread. You are adding clutter to the thread and contributing nothing. Unless that is your aim. Either way grow up.

Last edited:
You have not read all the thread. Please keep away if it makes your blood boil. No one made you read the thread. You are adding clutter to the thread and contributing nothing. Unless that is your aim. Either way grow up.
I have made my contribution and given the OP my advise as to which boiler would be most suitable out of the choice given, the purpose of this thread has ended and yet you keep yakking.. As I said, if it makes you happy, fit a Ferroli.... Nobody really cares

I have made my contribution and given the OP my advise as to which boiler would be most suitable
Good, no one is criticising you for that. If you do not like the thread stop cluttering it and stop yakking about sweet FA. I don't like what they are taking about so stop the thread, is your attitude. How childish. As a kid, did you take your ball away when you were losing as well? Grow up.

Good, no one is criticising you for that. If you do not like the thread stop cluttering it and stop yakking about sweet FA. I don't like what they are taking about so stop the thread, is your attitude. How childish. As a kid, did you take your ball away when you were losing as well? Grow up.
I wasn't aware that anyone was criticising... I have noticed that you seem to be suggesting that the OP have a look at a pretty crummy boiler based on your Googling powers... How many have you fitted?

Hello,

A family member is about to get a new combi fitted at the same time as some building works. They are getting rid of a very old non-condensing vokira combi circa early 90s.

They had been recommended an installer who normally installs Ideal logic plus boilers. It seems they actually quite well regarded on here.

However, it may be that they cannot use this installer any more. They are not available at the required time.

In passing I mentioned he should look at Intergas boiler. While I try to remain impartial, they do seem to have a bit of a following on here. I have no direct evidence for their reliability, but a lot of regulars on here seems to sing it's praises.

It seems their range has expanded since I last checked.

Out of the current range, which is the best regarded model?

I see they have a new one out with a 10 year warranty (compact eco RF). It seems to have a lot more "bells and whistles", web control and such like. Are these more things to go wrong? Is it over complicated compared to a more basic Intergas option? What would most on here choose to fit out of the Intergas range? Without opening a common can of worms (I have read through the discussions over the years), how does it compare to the logic plus?

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

@dishman: Have you/your friend made a decision yet? Has this thread helped?

I have an Atag in my own home, have specced and installed a few others for customers and also a couple of Intergas's. Both really good products, I like them and so does my Gas Safe colleague. However, he is predominantly a Vaillant man and has been for many years and continues to maintain all those that he has installed. This has given him confidence in the product and repeat business.
My advice would be to source a local guy, with a good rep, whom you like and ask him what he recommends as well as if he'd be prepared to fit and maintain a product of your choosing/suggestion.

My experience locally, when I chat with other guys in the various plumbing shops, or on site, is that they've 'heard about' or 'read a bit' about these units but never fitted one, although they'd quite like to. It's a case of "better the devil you know", I think.

You don't want to find yourself in a situation where you have a boiler breakdown, in the middle of winter, when every engineer is up to their neck (including your preferred man) and are finding it difficult to get service.

Find an engineer you want to work with for many years.

Mr Green who, to be honest is a Google warrior who got spanked on the solid fuel flue on his thatched pile...
Who spanked me ? The "advice" provided by an anonymous person here was directly opposed to the advice given by HETAS, a thatching company and other organisations who deal with solid fuel installation on a daily basis.

Who spanked me ? The "advice" provided by an anonymous person here was directly opposed to the advice given by HETAS, a thatching company and other organisations who deal with solid fuel installation on a daily basis.
And yet the advise that I have given you is directly from the HETAS guidelines on how to install a solid fuel flue in a thatched property... From someone who also deals with solid fuel on a regular basis, frequently in thatched properties, that person being me. If you are happy with what you have then that is great, but please don't spout your nonsense about how to correctly fit a flue when you have demonstrated several times that you are clueless.... Step away from the keyboard before you kill someone with your advice.

Are you registered with HETAS as a HETAS registered installer
Of course I am HETAS registered for every type of solid fuel appliance and flue type... This is why I suggest that keen amateurs should keep their noses out of subjects that they have no real knowledge and experience of.... Just because you have a solid fuel appliance doesn't make you experienced to comment on such subjects... I am also Gas Safe registered and Oftec registered.

Just because you have a solid fuel appliance doesn't make you experienced to comment on such subjects.
That is why I employed a HETAS registered installer and consulted the insurance underwriters about what they required in the installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back