Is anybody choosing to self isolate -or know a family member that is?

I told my mother in-law this afternoon (who is in her 70's) that the latest news was that people should not wear underwear as it suppresses the immune system. She spend 1hr phoning around her friends before she worked out I was pulling her leg.

I can not tell you how much I laughed when she phoned me back and told me that I made her look stupid to all of her friends.
Especially as I was imaging her sitting there naked.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Andy

Sponsored Links
I've called in sick this morning with a heavy head cold ( I get them regularly every year) and spent an age explaining that my symptoms don't meet the NHS111 criteria for CV and that I would be ok in 48hrs to return to office. I wasn't going to let my HR tag me with CV for no reason as the thought of self isolating the whole family for 2 weeks is not one to I would wish on them.

Sponsored Links
I've called in sick this morning with a heavy head cold ( I get them regularly every year) and spent an age explaining that my symptoms don't meet the NHS111 criteria for CV and that I would be ok in 48hrs to return to office. I wasn't going to let my HR tag me with CV for no reason as the thought of self isolating the whole family for 2 weeks is not one to I would wish on them.

I heard a consultant saying that a runny nose, painful sinuses is def not coronavirus, you need one of these:

If you have a fever with high temp / persistant cough / sore throat -any of those could be CV.

My niece has told her NHS boss who still wants her to work as she has no symptoms.
My wife works for the NHS and is in the high risk group as she has asthma and automatically gets the flu jab. Yesterday her boss assessed her as fit to work as she doesn’t come into contact with patients. There’s 4 of them crammed into a (literally) large converted broom cupboard with less than a metre between them (audio typists for the gastroenterology department consultants) One of the other ladies has a husband on chemo. She’s been deemed fit to work too. They’ve all agreed between themselves that if any of them show any of the CV signs, they’re all going to self isolate. She wont look forward to doing it as she feels she’s letting the patients down if their doctors can’t get the results of their consultations. A good few weeks ago before all this CV stuff, my wife had a bad persistent cough that kept us up for a few nights plus aches and took a week off work. She thinks she got it from our grandson. Our grandsons other granny also had the same symptoms and had to take time off work. My wife has never had time off work for any illness and will always struggle in and even if she has a headache, she might take half a paracetamol. When she was off she went through a couple of packets. She is 80% sure she’s had it.

A friend of ours is currently in ICU with corona (not sure if it's L or S strain) anyway i hazard a guess the 'L' type. This person was on a ventilator for 24hrs and felt v scared like they couldn't breath and felt it was all over. It's very real don't dismiss it like some of you fools think it's BS and press hype. They are mid 40's in good health.

A friend of ours is currently in ICU with corona (not sure if it's L or S strain) anyway i hazard a guess the 'L' type
I didnt know there were 2 strains

They are mid 40's in good health
This is the concerning thing that we are hearing from Europe.
This idea that it is a mild flu for anybody under 70 is clearly untrue.

I hope your friend recovers ok.

I didnt know there were 2 strains

This is the concerning thing that we are hearing from Europe.
This idea that it is a mild flu for anybody under 70 is clearly untrue.

I hope your friend recovers ok.
Thankyou hopefully over the worst but in isolation for now.

Have a read on new scientist some interesting detail. It mutates of course it's a virus but there does seem to be two strains, read about how it doesn't affect kids so much and of course the issue of 'silent proxies' asymptomatic passing it on ie kids who don't really suffer bad because of how their immune systems potentially 'under react'. Stay safe be isolated.

Because I am in two risk groups, I am self-isolating, as is the rest of the family. I have been told to do it until at least the 8th June.

She is not panicking, but Mrs Secure is a bit worried about the lack of food at local supermarkets. She went to Aldi last night and came home with a few veg, some milk, breakfast cereal and eggs.

There was no bread, no fresh meat, pasta, rice, tins etc....

I don't think we will starve, though...

Sponsored Links
Back