Is he Right?? Tory That Blames Foodbanks Use on Those that "Can't Cook, Budget"

The thing that gets me about some of these conversations is misconceptions - if some one is in the pits moneywise they will not have enough to eat take away all of the time.

There is a level that spend too much on them and could have more spare cash for other things if they didn't buy them but that is an entirely different area.

A friend of mine rents a flat to some one many wouldn't. All ok for a while and then the job goes. He gets no rent for a while. Might be that shop assistant you've seen often for a month or so etc and then suddenly disappears and new ones appear.

The stuff that often gets bought on HP is things like washing machines and TV's maybe furniture. That sort of thing can be a bit of a trap as new needed when one has finally been paid for. Some of you clearly have no idea what life can be like for some.

Sponsored Links
The thing that gets me about some of these conversations is misconceptions - if some one is in the pits moneywise they will not have enough to eat take away all of the time.

There is a level that spend too much on them and could have more spare cash for other things if they didn't buy them but that is an entirely different area.

A friend of mine rents a flat to some one many wouldn't. All ok for a while and then the job goes. He gets no rent for a while. Might be that shop assistant you've seen often for a month or so etc and then suddenly disappears and new ones appear.

The stuff that often gets bought on HP is things like washing machines and TV's maybe furniture,. That sort of thing can be a bit of a trap as new needed when one has finally been paid for. Some of you clearly have no idea what life can be like for some.

BS - where my parents bought the house it was greater london - dad wanted to buy in Harvist Road NW10 i think (we used to get off at Queens park station when we went to aunts) it was the price there was 45k - get real mate. We were in the market and i recall locaks saying to dad it cant be that much but there was no internet then i thin the year or 2 after prices crashed mate

i recall parents trying to buy at 17k and were being guzmped and ended up paying close to 30k - our property sold for 3.5k in leeds area called roundhay, nice area big house

try again but do your research first chump

Well, first of all Harvist Rd is NW6 not NW10, it's a lot closer to Kilburn than it is St Johns Wood or Regents Park, and if your old man paid anything like you're suggesting, he's a chump.
In the late 90's I had the opportunity to buy a 1 bed flat in St Johns Wood for 90K, wish I had, that was just before the prices in London really kicked off.

Sponsored Links
Well, first of all Harvist Rd is NW6 not NW10, it's a lot closer to Kilburn than it is St Johns Wood or Regents Park, and if your old man paid anything like you're suggesting, he's a chump.
In the late 90's I had the opportunity to buy a 1 bed flat in St Johns Wood for 90K, wish I had, that was just before the prices in London really kicked off.

Stop being a C and leave my dad out of it

Stop lying re harvist road as we visited aunts and the station Queens park was 5 mins from their property.
You are a lair mate and Harvist road is NW!0 and I recalled this as kids/mates i london were ake struck that we'd been to london and we'd
often walk back down from hyde park, not sure if it took 90 mins but we enjoyed it

Stop lying clear you know f all re property even now.

Harvist Rd
London NW10

Microwave - 800W for 5 minnutes would do a pile of veg, or 2 bowls of porridge, for £0.02p at 30p/unit.

Handy if you have a microwave.
That's a politically-motivated bit of crap.

Gas is cheaper than electricity.
Plenty of microwaves available s/h for free.

Trouble is when someone shouts out something which is such a clear but invalid attempt at victim-speak, people ignore everything else they say.

When Mrs Mottie was at school, they used to teach the girls house keeping. In her school they had a mock house and they were taught how to cook, sweep, dust, polish etc. Once a week the 'lucky ones' had to make a meal from scratch and the headmaster would eat it. Can you imagine what would happen if girls were asked to do that these days?
Well, I think everyone should do the old fashioned Home Ec. It wasn't just cookery, it was budgeting and meal planning, nutrition and health.

I did it at my school from 11-16. And Needlework too. Got ripped to bits by the lads but I didn't care. I used to tell them that they were great life skills that would see them proud.

I cook all the time for my family now and love it. I love playing around with recipes and creating new dishes.

Stop being a C and leave my dad out of it

Stop lying re harvist road as we visited aunts and the station Queens park was 5 mins from their property.
You are a lair mate and Harvist road is NW!0 and I recalled this as kids/mates i london were ake struck that we'd been to london and we'd
often walk back down from hyde park, not sure if it took 90 mins but we enjoyed it

Stop lying clear you know f all re property even now.

Harvist Rd
London NW10

NW6, move to the right, Maida Vale, St Johns Wood etc, that's NW10.
Also, just a tip, if you want to claim an area of London is not Kilburn, don't post up a map labelling the area Kilburn, it just makes you look stupid. Fact.

NW6, move to the right, Maida Vale, St Johns Wood etc, that's NW10.
Also, just a tip, if you want to claim an area of London is not Kilburn, don't post up a map labelling the area Kilburn, it just makes you look stupid. Fact.

Stop talking BS again. You've been caught out lying, STOP
I said Havist road NW10 - stop lying right now. I NEVER mentioned "nw6" YOU DID

Only you talked about "NW6" - stop BS

And please do not ever say anyhting nasty about my dad or family, PLEASE as i too can play the nasty card when it comes to chumps like you posting nasty stuff at posters' parents.

FFS, Harvist Rd, NW6, Fact,

upload_2022-5-11_23-36-14.png

Yes. But, energy prices!
Trouble is when someone shouts out something which is such a clear but invalid attempt at victim-speak, people ignore everything else they say.

It's pennies - work it out for the current gas unit price of about 8p/unit compared with elec at 28p.

What, you think everybody has a microwave?

I've already answered that.

Sponsored Links
Back