Is Screwfix a disaster?

Sponsored Links
Screwfix hardware is rubbish

very poor quality screws and nails. far more broken shanks and sheared heads with Screwfix stuff.

staff are generally pretty gormless too

And for the ultimate convenience, a BIG sign above the tills that says

"We are not a bluudy shop, we don't know if the screw you want will fit your door at home and you cant just have a look to check, because then you will hold up all the people behind you with your inane questions. Please just order and clear off"

The local builders merchants I use seems to have a never ending problem with people that don't know what they want, something along the lines of...

Customer: I need some nails/screws
Staff: What sort?
Customer: I need to fix two bits of wood together
Staff: OK what's the wood, what is it for and how thick?
Customer: Just some wood and not very thick

...conversation continues for some time until the customer eventually decides what nails/screws he wants...

Staff: How many do you need?
Customer: About 6
Staff: We normally sell them in kilos 'sir'

Why oh why can't these type of customers work out what they need first? Or even better go to their local B&Q?

I bought a pair of what I thought were chrome circular light fittings from Screwfix a while ago. Both were to be fitted in the same room about 5ft apart.

Even though both boxes had the same code number on the side, I later found out that one was a chrome finish and one was brass......How did I find this out......because the spark had fitted both to the ceiling. Different flavours in the same room :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I bought a pair of what I thought were chrome circular light fittings from Screwfix a while ago. Both were to be fitted in the same room about 5ft apart.

Even though both boxes had the same code number on the side, I later found out that one was a chrome finish and one was brass......How did I find this out......because the spark had fitted both to the ceiling. Different flavours in the same room :rolleyes:

how much later :confused:

The evening after he fitted them when I went to the job to see what he had done that day :confused: :confused:

They certainly aint the bargain shop they used to be...a lot of the stuff is cheaper in Wickes

And you have to be very wary of the quality.

The quality isn't the only thing to be wary of.

I've just checked my current account, and the refund they're supposed to have given me hasn't been credited. So it looks like I'll have to go back for another visit.

There are 4 stages of career type at McDonalds.

1. Cleaning and mopping.

2. After a year you get promoted to fries, this means pressing the button and doing the salt.

3. After 2 years you can make burgers including the drinks and using the ice cube machine.

4. After 3 years you get promoted to work at Screwfix :cool:

I'm fed up with hearing people moan all the time about Screwfix, if they're such a bad useless company then dont bother using them, however i also wish to add that although you all have various reasons for moaning about them insulting the staff is not nice as many people will call them useless and grumpy only there because it's a Mcjob.

If you seen it from their point of view they work for a company that is forever trialling new services to enhance their customer service and all you lot do is MOAN!

There are 4 stages of career type at McDonalds.

1. Cleaning and mopping.

2. After a year you get promoted to fries, this means pressing the button and doing the salt.

3. After 2 years you can make burgers including the drinks and using the ice cube machine.

4. After 3 years you get promoted to work at Screwfix :cool:

I'm fed up with hearing people moan all the time about Screwfix, if they're such a bad useless company then dont bother using them, however i also wish to add that although you all have various reasons for moaning about them insulting the staff is not nice as many people will call them useless and grumpy only there because it's a Mcjob.

If you seen it from their point of view they work for a company that is forever trialling new services to enhance their customer service and all you lot do is MOAN!

Got shares in them or something??

My local Screwfix is ****e.

As someone previously mentioned, the kids in there don't care at all which is a bonus because when you blow up an electrical fitting you can get it exchanged claiming it doesnt work. lol. The kids mostly cant read the "tested" labels on the side of light fittings...

Aside from that they are expensive for the most part, particularly on the power tools side of things.

The whole 'Argos' theme really irritates the crap out of me, and whoever said at least 10 percent of their products are out of stock you are wrong. Its more like 30.

Actually argos is an interesting analogy..when they started they were untouchable for prices, completely new way if shopping etc..i think the word is inivotive (if it was spelt properly!!)

Screwfix where the same, everyone was talking about them..now their initial success has over taken them and they have become just another shop, they have got to big to have small over heads anymore.

I never bother with them.

Screwfix are quite simply, the cheapest place to buy screws. Can't complain there!

As for the staff, they are not required to know anything about the products they sell. As it's promoted as a trade counter the customers should know exactly what they are buying, and how to use it.

The problems you all experience can be found at almost every retail outlet in the country.
I went to buy some M12 studding last week from an independent tool centre, out of stock. Drove home past a small chain timber supplier to see if they had any, was about £2.70 a metre. I said to them 'you know it's much cheaper in Screwfix, you probably hear that a lot don't you' Got dirty looks all round from the 3 bods behind the counter. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back