job application

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am applying for a job internally advertised with a note "email applications only".

It requests a covering letter and CV.

How do I do this on email? I'm thinking its best to send both as attachments with a brief note on the email page saying "Hi, please find attached" etc.

The other thing is, the email adress given is a forwarding box, its manned but is just the inbox of the communications dept (so my email will be read and forwarded). So how do I word it? :confused:

Its actually a 12 month secondment, after which I go back to my old job, or something different.

Sponsored Links
Steve, I would suggest that you write the application as a letter on a word document and copy and paste it into the email, then attach your CV.

That way they have your email details as well as your home address all on one page.

Good luck with it.

dave

Sounds a bit suspect to me, they could be cloning your details, to use elsewhere, be careful of any information you give out over the internet.

Wotan

If its an intranet site the details are not available to the general public.
Also the company must adhere to the Data Protection Act.

Sponsored Links
If its an intranet site the details are not available to the general public.
Also the company must adhere to the Data Protection Act.
Conny you are correct, in my haste I misread the original post. :oops: :oops:

Thanks for the help guys.

I have decided to put both into PDF files and send them as attachments, for two reasons:

1.PDF is universally accepted in our company (its the only file type our computers can open), and
2.I dont want any tom dick and harry reading all my stuff at the communications inbox. :eek:

Also, I have to send it from home therefore its got to get to my workplace, then onwards. I cant send it direct because my company uses Lotus Notes, which has stupid email addresses with lots of /'s in them. :evil:

Back