LED Downlight faulty - Strobe effect

If you really want to assist him, maybe you could advise him why the other 4 lights DO work with the original blue boxes.

The answer is, "I don't know." Maybe tolerances, maybe they won't work for long until something is damaged. At the end of the day they should be changed for the correct LED power supplies.

Sponsored Links
@winston1 , still no real help to the poster, I see.:rolleyes:

@homemove there is a handy ignore feature, should you decide not to see posts from unhelpful/confusing posters. Just click on their name and you'll get their profile panel.
Click on ignore. Hey presto, instant pedant removal!

The OP now knows, hopefully, that his blue boxes are not suitable for LEDs. Nothing unhelpful, confusing, or pedantic about that.

Sponsored Links
Happy to. Providing you stop your campaign of badgering people. DIYers who come on here, asking for help, and just get from you a telling off that what they call a widget is really called a FRMX. Even when the item has a WIDGET label on it.

Just stop it. Think about some constructive help for the DIYer instead. The DIYer will appreciate it, and the other contributors on here will appreciate it too.

So, is that an agreement??

I'm not badgering anyone. I am giving advice that what he thinks is one thing is not which is why it won't work as he hopes.
If you don't appreciate it keep quiet?

images

No good for LEDs but the name is on the label therefore that is what it is.

Had they called it a sausage; it would be a sausage.

If something is mislabelled, that is what it is, mislabelled, nothing more nothing less.

It's not mislabelled; that's what the manufacturer calls it therefore that is what it is whether you like it or not.

It's called evolution - of the language and of machines.

Not always good but I'm told I have to accept it and so do you.

If you have acomplaint about the labelling, contact the maker.
I've said this to you before. Don't confuse the DIYer with pointless minutae.

If you have acomplaint about the labelling, contact the maker.
I've said this to you before. Don't confuse the DIYer with pointless minutae.
He doesn't want to do that.

He prefers to trawl the forum for mentions of the "t" word and pompously bang on about how these items are not what their manufacturers claim them to be.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE="EFLImpudence, post: 3727118, member: 144975"

Had they called it a sausage; it would be a sausage.[/QUOTE]
That is absolute rubbish and you know it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back