Lockdown Bingo

Bristol was tier 1 in October, now post lockdown it's tier 3. So the lockdown was a complete waste of time. And the answer to this is..................................................................................more lockdown!!!

Sponsored Links
No change for me.
I still don't meet anyone socially, I still go to work, I still go to the supermarket and wear a mask and distance myself from others.
Yeah me too.

Makes zero difference to my life.

Sponsored Links
Well I've gone from being concerned to not being that too concerned to 'it's no worse than a bad case of the flu'...
(an opinion soon to be illegal under 'newspeak' proposals)

I personally know no-one who has died from it, let alone tested positive...
(although given the latest info, who knows the value of the tests)

A few anecdotal mentions aside of course...

Thus I guess I now fall into the 'conspiracy theorist' zone...

Apparently the latest info is that it came to China from India :rolleyes:

Whatever the cause, governments seem intent on following an economic 'reset'!

Last edited:

Grandfather of the woman next to me died of Covid 19, he had carried on Taxi driving at 69 years old.

My wifes brother and his wife both caught it, both tested positive with symptoms, both fine now.

If you think it's a bad case of Flu, you are crazy.

Grandfather of the woman next to me died of Covid 19, he had carried on Taxi driving at 69 years old.
Died of or died with?
My wifes brother and his wife both caught it, both tested positive with symptoms, both fine now.

If you think it's a bad case of Flu, you are crazy.
So they didn't die of it/with it...

And are both now fine...

Explain your 'crazy' comment!

Well I've gone from being concerned to not being that too concerned to 'it's no worse than a bad case of the flu'...
(an opinion soon to be illegal under 'newspeak' proposals)

A few anecdotal mentions of course...

Thus I guess I now fall into the 'conspiracy theorist' zone...

Apparently the latest info is that it came to China from India :rolleyes:

Whatever the cause, governments seem intent on following an economic 'reset'!

I know 'of' 2 locals who died, both elderly, both with health issues. I didn't know them personally.
My sister who lives in Slough (tier 3) doesn't know of anybody who's had it or died.
Another relative had the antibody test which showed he had it, the only symptoms he recalls are chronic fatigue.
I know 'of' (anecdotal) 2 people who killed themselves during the first lockdown.

None of this means it doesn't exist, it does, it has caused a significant number of deaths, how significant I suspect we'll never know.

The economic 'reset' is a baffler, too much willingness by Governments to trash the economy, maybe its all so Mike Ashley can buy Arcadia Group.

I know 'of' 2 locals who died, both elderly, both with health issues. I didn't know them personally.
Tests in other countries have shown that most people who had died of it/with it would have died within a short period of time regardless...

None of this means it doesn't exist, it does, it has caused a significant number of deaths, how significant I suspect we'll never know.
I never said it doesn't exist, I am questioning the lethality of it...

After all the 1968/69 virus which killed more proportionally is still around...
The economic 'reset' is a baffler
Quite calculated imho...

Claw back as much as possible from the middle classes to offset the losses of the 2008/9 crash!

Died of or died with?

Died of it, on ventilator

Explain your 'crazy' comment!

Covid 19 leaves a considerable number of victims with variations of Liver/ Kidney/ Lung/ heart problems, some with many months of recuperation, a few with mental health issues.

I have only ever had real Flu once, 2 weeks and I was OK, if you survive flu, there are no ongoing complications.

Covid 19 leaves a considerable number of victims with variations of Liver/ Kidney/ Lung/ heart problems, some with many months of recuperation, a few with mental health issues.

I have only ever had real Flu once, 2 weeks and I was OK, if you survive flu, there are no ongoing complications.
Au contraire...

Flu complications: (edited)

"Most people who get flu will recover in a few days to less than two weeks, but some people will develop complications (such as pneumonia) as a result of flu, some of which can be life-threatening and result in death.

Sinus and ear infections are examples of moderate complications from flu, while pneumonia is a serious flu complication that can result from either influenza virus infection alone or from co-infection of flu virus and bacteria. Other possible serious complications triggered by flu can include inflammation of the heart (myocarditis), brain (encephalitis) or muscle (myositis, rhabdomyolysis) tissues, and multi-organ failure (for example, respiratory and kidney failure). Flu virus infection of the respiratory tract can trigger an extreme inflammatory response in the body and can lead to sepsis, the body’s life-threatening response to infection. Flu also can make chronic medical problems worse. For example, people with asthma may experience asthma attacks while they have flu, and people with chronic heart disease may experience a worsening of this condition triggered by flu."

Kind of like Covid-19 ;)

Is Elle seriously saying that every country in the world is wrong & she knows better? She belongs in the conspiracy thread.

I know of a few people who had Covid really bad.. 2 people I knew died.. Not sure about any underlying health issues, but one was in 50s and the other 70s. I know 3 people that had it bad One who's heart has been affected by it. He is in his 30s and seems really ill more than 3 months after, was slim and fit before. The other chap had it bad for a month unable to breathe, the last had severe breathing problems for about a month also.

Sponsored Links
Back