Lockdown Bingo

Sponsored Links
I know a 60 year old lady who died early with the pandemic with covid, was ok weight, not aware of any health problems. My next door neighbours best mate from their school days. And one elderly neighbour has died, as well as a nurse in her early 40's and seemed fit & healthy. She was a colleague of a different neighbour, they worked in the same ward.

I know 7 people who died during first wave,two in fifties were friends from a few years ago,one a neighbour in his sixties,the other three old guys about late sixties,who caught it in local pub playing cards,last one a old lady who had terminal cancer.
In the second wave i know loads,over twenty who had/have it but all seem to be ok,in the first wave everyone i knew who had it died,but it was mainly older people.

Sponsored Links
Correction : you had no ongoing complications.
Quite right...

Upper respiratory problems has been the third biggest killer worldwide even before this 'virus'...

And in addition...

Every year we hear of an 'NHS winter crisis'. So given that we currently have over capacity because other illnesses are not being treated, it may well turn out that excess preventable deaths from non 'virus' related diseases over the years may eclipse the 'virus' number.

Just one example. A million mammograms have now been cancelled/missed, so how many excess breast cancer deaths will that mean in the future?
And at what cost to the NHS for future treatments.

Of course the true figures of the number of victims of this 'virus' will never be known, but you can safely bet that 'emergency measures' will be kept in place 'just in case'!

Back