London murder rate overtakes new york

Its mostly gang on gang violence, mostly youth and mostly black or mixed race heritage. Violence is a cultural thing, I honestly don't believe that social inequalities are to blame for it. Crime and poverty are often bed fellows, true. But these people are not in poverty. Central heating, smart phones, access to affordable food, this is not poverty. What they may lack is responsible parents, although this may not be true either.

Ultimately the met should not spend any money on anti-knife or anti-gun propaganda. The money is better spent on rewarding youth that want a future for themselves. Bad behaviour should not be rewarded. If these people want to kill each other, let them.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The Mayor of London sets the budgets and the London Assembly (Labour controlled) approves them.

I recall a previous Tory Home Secretary cutting police budgets, and telling them to shut up and stop moaning about the results.

Who was it again?

They make enough in speeding fines to offset any budget cuts*. I got a fine and points for doing 74mph in my van, ****s.

*No I don't have a link, a source, any evidence or a pie chart.

speeding fines are optional. You don't have to pay them if you don't want to.

I recall a previous Tory Home Secretary cutting police budgets, and telling them to shut up and stop moaning about the results.

Who was it again?
But aren't we talking about London?

Sponsored Links
Back