Madeleine mystery

Bodgeit and scarper ltd said:
I would send them to jail anyway for leaving the kids on there own

Glad to see the medieval lynch mob is alive and well.

Sponsored Links
yes i know a lot about missing people investigations as i worked on quite a few. thats why i know that its best to wait till all the evidence is revealed rather than going on speculation. also i know that dna evidence is not the be and end all of an investigation and i also probably know a little bit more about it than you have read in one of your books. Ive not suggested a body was hidden under a sofa, all ive said is that it is possible to hide a body for a period of time.

With regards to missing children and murders the majority are connected to the family in some way. There is a chance that some tosser abducted her, but you have to weigh up the chances of her walking out of the secure apartment and walking into the hands of a waiting peadophile. Fairly slim chances, but possible.

as ive said before time will hopefully reveal all rather than media speculation

The point I'm making is that paedophiles are like spiders in a web. They act on impulse when the chance arises, as did Huntley. Therefore it isn't a 'double event' but a single event. Maddie may well have wandered out of her 'unsecured' apartment (as she has apparently done in the past) into the hands of a waiting predator. Or, it could have been a Huntley scenario whereby the predator put himself into a child filled community with the eventual aim of making a killing (literally). He could even have been a member of staff who saw the McCanns heading off on a pizsup each night.
In most cases the murder victim knows their killer, but that doesn't apply to paedophiles.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
I think it does.

Why do you think that? And how often is a child's mother a predatory paedophile?

IIRC it is most often stepfather/mum's boyfriend/brother/uncle/man next door. Very seldom school caretaker/parish priest/teacher/youth leader

very very rarely a stranger

I don't know where the stats are, do you?

JohnD said:
IIRC it is most often stepfather/mum's boyfriend/brother/uncle/man next door. Very seldom school caretaker/parish priest/teacher/youth leader

very very rarely a stranger

I don't know where the stats are, do you?

Are you saying that teachers, priests and doctors are not major players in the paedophile rankings? I think the 'name and shame' campaign from a few years ago would suggest otherwise. I seem to recall that the worst offenders were actually paediatricians.

I believe it's most often stepfather/mum's boyfriend/brother/uncle/man next door, like I said. I am willing to read information from an official source if it is available.

here we are

"The offenders themselves are a heterogeneous group of individuals. The literature suggests that 60 to 70% of child molesters target only girls, about 20 to 33% boys, and about 10% children of either sex . The majority of perpetrators sexually assault children known to them, with about 80% of offences taking place in the home of either the offender or victim."

from the Home Ofice
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/prgpdfs/fprs99.pdf

This is hearsay on my part, but according to a small group of criminal defence lawyers whom I happen to know, JohnD's belief [that most paedophiles are known to the victim] happens to be correct.

JohnD said:
here we are

"The offenders themselves are a heterogeneous group of individuals. The literature suggests that 60 to 70% of child molesters target only girls, about 20 to 33% boys, and about 10% children of either sex . The majority of perpetrators sexually assault children known to them, with about 80% of offences taking place in the home of either the offender or victim."

from the Home Ofice
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/prgpdfs/fprs99.pdf[/QUOTE]

That still leaves one in five that is 'predatory'. Still a bigger risk than your mum.

fewer predatory peadophiles out there than you would think or the media would have you believe. The majority work on the basis of getting to know the child over a long period of time whilst they gain the confidence and think through their fantasys.

Perhaps they sedated the child . Their Doctors after all. The wee girl was playing up mebbe and they were keen to get out and enjoy themselves so they suggest a stronger dose than normal to keep her quiet and it all goes wrong. Wouldn't be the first time it has happened.
So they panic and decide not to tell the world the truth as they would be vilified and struck off by the bma.
Their probably earning well in excess of 200k per year between them so the motive is there to hide the truth IMO.
She'd end up stuck in Asda's stacking shelves and he'd be sweeping up on a building site. If their lucky that is.
This way they keep their jobs and sympathy from the people and everything will be tickityboo.
(they hope)

Balenza said:
Perhaps they sedated the child . Their Doctors after all. The wee girl was playing up mebbe and they were keen to get out and enjoy themselves so they suggest a stronger dose than normal to keep her quiet and it all goes wrong.
So they panic.

That was my thoughts when it first came out the mother was a suspect, as its the only reason I could have come up with if that was the case that the mother or dad, or both of them did it.

But deep down I cannot believe that any parent could do that and still keep up a front, and even now, when all these things are being reported, I still find it difficult to believe.

But there are things that dont add up, OK I havent all the facts, who has, but, if they did, and then they used the car that they hired 25 days after, and showed up DNA etc, how did they get past all the press, police, or whatever that was always on thier doorstep.

But one thing I just dont understand, and being a parent myself, the same as the majority of you, is how could the mother have washed the cuddly toy that was maddies', and washed it in a laundermat at that.
In my mind, I could never have washed the toy, firstly it wouldnt have entered my mind, 'oh dear, this could do with a wash', no,as I would want to smell the smell of my child on that toy for as long as it lasted.

The other thing that struck me is that she has always appeared cold, and in control, I know grief affects us all differently, but there never seems to be any emotion from her, I not expecting her to be wailing in grief everytime you see her, but in other cases that I have seen, as sometime the mother and the father has gone to pieces, but they must be very cold people or have a high tolerence.

I am still out on this one, as half of me cannot accept that they could do it and carry on as they have, but there is another part of me that says, they could have.

I just hope sometime soon that we all get the truth. :confused:

Thermo said:
fewer predatory peadophiles out there than you would think or the media would have you believe. The majority work on the basis of getting to know the child over a long period of time whilst they gain the confidence and think through their fantasys.

It only takes one.

Sponsored Links
Back