Man to challenge attack sentence.

Surely mitigating circumstances must be brought in to it?
I'm not defending the actions, but I would be awfully phissed for awhile, long enough for me to give chase and address the situation as I thought fit, whether it be right or wrong!
Maybe the plea of self defence was misguided?

Sponsored Links
Surely mitigating circumstances must brought in to it?
I'm not defending the actions, but I would be awfully phissed for awhile, long enough for me to give chase and address the situation as I thought fit, whether it be right or wrong!

thats the point of time seperation, where knowingly after the event, action is taken, where is no current threat, inflamation and provocation has a very short time limit, beyond is to allow rational cogent thought.
any action after that becomes revenge.

good on the Hussains I say, they got their own justice.

FREE THE HUSSAIN 2!

Sponsored Links
Another example of how the Criminal is viewed as a 'victim' and the actual victim is viewed as a Criminal. This country is upside down!

A Buckinghamshire businessman jailed for injuring a burglar who had attacked him and his family plans to appeal against his sentence, his lawyer said.

Munir Hussain, 53, returned to his High Wycombe home to find three intruders who tied him and his family up.

He managed to escape and chased one of the offenders, hitting him with a cricket bat, Reading Crown Court heard.

Hussain's solicitor said he planned to appeal against his 30-month sentence for grievous bodily harm with intent.

'Revenge attack'

Michael Wolkind, defending Hussain, told the court his client was the "real victim" in the case.

The court heard Hussain and his brother Tokeer, who both live in Desborough Road, chased intruder Walid Salem, leaving him with a permanent brain injury after he was hit with a cricket bat so hard that it broke into three pieces.

Salem was the only intruder caught after the incident on 3 September 2008, but his injuries meant he was not fit to plead after being charged with false imprisonment.

Salem was given a two-year supervision order at a court hearing in September this year.

The Hussain brothers were found guilty after a trial earlier this year.

The prosecution alleged two other men also took part in the so-called "revenge attack" with them.

'Public support'

Munir Hussain was given a 30-month sentence while his brother was jailed for 39 months.

Judge John Reddihough said Munir Hussain's family had been subjected to a "serious and wicked offence" but said he had carried out a "dreadful, violent attack" on Salem.

The judge said: "If persons were permitted to take the law into their own hands and inflict their own instant and violent punishment on an apprehended offender rather than letting justice take its course, then the rule of law and our system of criminal justice, which are the hallmarks of a civilised society, would collapse."

Mr Wolkind said the case had similarities to that of farmer Tony Martin, who shot a teenage intruder, noting there was public support in both cases.

Hilary Neville, prosecuting, said: "What started as reasonable self defence by Munir Hussain then turned into excessive force by virtue of a sustained attack by Munir, Tokeer and at least two others."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/8413787.stm[/QUOTE]

I do, humbley apologise, plus Im a bit sorry. I didnt spot it :oops:

plus it was tim west what made me do it :oops: :oops:

permanent brain injury?
It may have actually cured him of the previous brain damage he had when he thought that burglary, threatening behaviour and tying up a woman and child(ren) was acceptable.

Sorry, but live by the sword.....

Personally, I could not ive a toss about the intruder.....got what he deserved......if he had got away with this there would be more victims

Sponsored Links
Back