Man to challenge attack sentence.

Sponsored Links
you can wipe that smile off your face! (come to think of it that is a very small face you have?)

Sponsored Links
It's obvious isn't it? If he didn't want to get hit with the bat, he should have run faster. :rolleyes:

I guess the moral of the story is that when beating a burglar with a cricket bat, aim for the knees, not the face. :idea:

It's obvious isn't it? If he didn't want to get hit with the bat, he should have run faster. :rolleyes:

I guess the moral of the story is that when beating a burglar with a cricket bat, aim for the knees, not the face. :idea:
Or head for the patio and stick him under it! :D

I think the moral of the story is not to be a burglar.

Well, I have heard it said that a dead burglar can't sue...

A former associate kept firearms. Around the time of the Tony Martin incident, he was having his annual inspection. The advice from the inspecting officer was "His biggest mistake was that he missed!". :confused:

Can't remember who said it, but the quote "the only time you know for certain that you haven't used sufficient reasonable force to defend yourself is when you get killed"

What is the world coming to.
"three intruders who tied him and his family up."
Where they there to rob them only or were they planing to have a little fun with his wife and family afterwards ?
Sorry but I am a reasonable man but if I were in that position I would not stop hitting until he was definitely no longer any sort of threat.
I have a friend who worked in south africa and he was told by the police "If someone enters your house buy force I need to see there are two shots discharged from your firearm, one as a warning. I won't ask which one hit the guy."
I can quite happily live by this rule.

Should've made a citizen's arrest not attacked him
Can you picture that? Now, honestly, can you? I cant. The only language these morons understand is violence. If he hadn't clubbed the intruder, the intruder would have clubbed him.

I dont know all the facts, but in his situation, I'm pretty sure many people would grab the first thing they could do some damage with and gone running after them in order to aprehend them..
I don't have all the facts but the impression I'm getting that he was trying to get away and therefore should've let him go and let the police deal with it. If it was done in self defence in the property then fair enough but if it was done after he left the property then it's a revenge attack.

Tony Martin shot a burglar dead, these guys only gave the bloke brain damage so who is worse?

I don't have all the facts but the impression I'm getting that he was trying to get away and therefore should've let him go and let the police deal with it. If it was done in self defence in the property then fair enough but if it was done after he left the property then it's a revenge attack.
So what - the police wouldn't have done anything about it other than give the victims a crime number for insurance purposes

Tony Martin shot a burglar dead, these guys only gave the bloke brain damage so who is worse?
The burglars. If the public were given a carte blanche than maybe it would help get crime figures down and help these selfish mindless thieving c**ts realise that there's potentially a proper price to pay for their own actions.

The judges ruling will encourage burglars and lead to more people trying to defend their homes. They know only to well that the police and the law of the land is no help anymore.
Lets face it, most people will not be thinking about a poxy prison sentence (even if it was life behind bars) when they or their family are being attacked by an intruder.
If the judge thinks its some kind of deterrent then he is living in cloud cuckoo land.

There was an attack once in the USA where the intruders tied up their victims and looted the house.
When they had finished they were not content with just leaving with the stolen goods and forcefully poured sulphuric acid down the throats of their victims.
There was film about it. Perhaps someone remembers the case.
Very horrific.

Sponsored Links
Back