More appalling Vaillant customer service

i feel sorry for the valliant guy, he has to put up with you. I'm self employed and choose which jobs i attend and who i work for.
you have a major fault on your boiler and are advised by your plumber to join a repair scheme (did you pay him to attend?) and make a 'claim; almost immediately, they attend and then you complain him being unable to find a parking space (in crawley?) and not having the part on the van. (a heat exchanger? yeah i carry them all the time!)

1.feel lucky vaillant agreed to send someone.
2. move house so people can park outside while working at your house, or agree to pay any parking fines incurred.
3. extra day heating at 5x the cost? brrr yeah its chuffin freezing at the moment
4.lost two hours sorting it out? your boilers broke! we all love working after 5 oclock and would be glad to fit round your working hours. we dont have families or social lives or hobbies etc. (we also eat and go to the toilet too if thats allowable?)
5. aggravation and stress? stress is being shot at, and or dealing with drunks in city centres.

Im glad you're not my customer. (you wouldnt be one for long anyway)
1. I paid for a service, I didn't get it
2. No-one else has had so big a problem parking that they decide to just up sticks and go
3. After a week in a house that's cold at the best of time, when I'm working at home all day, yes, I'm fed up with feeling cold despite wearing three jumpers.
4. It was 3pm, not 5pm. And he's a representative of the company, with branded van and fleece. There's a responsibility there.
5. Ok fair point, I'll give you that one :)

Sponsored Links
Update (in case anyone's still interested): call this am from Vaillant - the engineer now doesn't have the part (what??) and I'll have to wait until tomorrow before it's fixed. Another day to spend in a very cold house. Really fed up now.

Don't you have a fan heater?

They are only £13 to buy!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Don't you have a fan heater?
They are only £13 to buy!
Tony
A heat exchanger? My plumber reckoned it was closer to £300.
He means one of these. No use for a whole house though.
l_06708521.jpg

Oops, sorry, missed that first line! Yes, ofc we have an electric heater - but you know how central heating warms the whole house?

Yours central heating doesn't, and all boiler men have magic carpets instead of vans and tool boxes full of magic wands and tubs of fairy dust.

I also smell BS....
An obvious attempt to slander Vaillant.
Why would you join/post on an Internet forum for the sole intension of bad mouthing a manufacturer?
.....it's not as if you have asked for any advise....if I were Vaillant I would make a point to take this further and sue you for slander...
.....in fact you possibly haven't heard the last of this....;)

If what you are saying is not true then I suggest you retract it and apologise before it's too late.....:censored:

I'm no fan of Vaillant customer service - they sell a premium product yet, in my experience, offer only basic support. I could have been unlucky though...

I am sure data protection (or suchlike) would prevent Vaillant from responding on an open forum, but if they could, I bet we would hear a completely different take on what actually happened.

Just my opinion....

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but Domestic & General (which organises Vaillant's service & support) has just rung to say it has investigated the issue and will be compensating me for the failed visits and for the added fuel costs.

They must have read all about it on here!

Although they never respond on forums they do sometimes have enthusiasts who watch whats going on here.

But this site does not encourage manufacturers to post here. I suppose they fear they may be somehow advertising their products.

Tony

So, its not Vaillant who are the guilty party here, but D&G?

Not a Vaillant fan, but this does seem a bit harsh on them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back