More Police Brutality

• Thread starter Johnmelad502
  • Start date
this is not a good question because a lot of people are convinced that they are driving better, when in fact they are driving worse.

Sponsored Links
actually yes - he did have a car on the road without valid insurance & road tax, hence he was found guilty.
Not according to the law though - he was found not guilty, whatever your view on how it came about. How do you know there wasn't even more 'previous', and the bent cop didn't make the whole thing up in the first place? I havn't seen anywhere saying that the car was actually on the road - it could have been in a drive... And a bit odd that the bent cop just 'walked away' and reported an alleged offence later don't you think?

a score to settle? yeah, quite possible, if the coppers in the gwent car remembered his name from 6 years ago, i doubt the computer flags peopole up as in need of a revenge kicking.
the pnc (which can be linked to anpr) does contain 'markers' which can often be used for harrassing people...

Just one of many instances

the plot thickens! ...

Indeed it does...

Odds on as to whether this 'inquiry' will go past the 6 month period again?... ;)

Mind you, I wonder how much he got in compensation (if he did), as it's a big step from a 106 to a Range Rover... :LOL:

Not according to the law though - he was found not guilty, whatever your view on how it came about.

Thats like saying stealing is ok as long as you don't get caught

Yet another clip from the Argus.........

Pensioner set to sue police

A PENSIONER who accused a Gwent police officer of assaulting him in a court case in July is to sue the force after being cleared of all the convictions against him.

Robert Clive Whatley, 64, was convicted of using insulting words and behaviour and motoring offences at Abergavenny magistrates court last July.

The key witness in the case against Mr Whatley was PC Jonathan Ellis, from Abergavenny, who last week pleaded guilty to stealing £80 from a purse handed to him while he was on duty.

Ellis, 32, was caught in an undercover police sting after his own colleagues had raised concerns about his behaviour.

The charges against Mr Whatley followed an incident at his home in Four Ash Street in August 2003, when Ellis alleged in court he was verbally abusive after the officer spoke to him about an expired tax disc on his car. PC Ellis denied assaulting Mr Whatley.

But this week the Crown Prosecution Service told Mr Whatley that his pending appeal against his convictions would not be contested following Ellis' conviction.

A CPS spokesman said: "We are under a duty to keep cases under continuous review. Given recent events we felt that we would not be able to meet the code of Crown prosecutors and will therefore not be contesting the case."

The code is the threshold upon which the CPS believed a realistic conviction can be secured on the evidence before the court.

An internal police investigation cleared Ellis of assaulting Mr Whatley in August 2003, but he is now facing police misconduct proceedings following last Thursday's court case.

Mr Whatley said: "It is now my plan to commence civil proceedings against Gwent Police to seek substantial damages as regards the impact of the case on my health. However, I would like to make clear the respect I hold for police and the work they do."

Odds on as to whether this 'inquiry' will go past the 6 month period again?... ;)

YUP

Mind you, I wonder how much he got in compensation (if he did), as it's a big step from a 106 to a Range Rover... :LOL:

he's been 'quoted' as saying he's going for 100k of taxpayers money after this one.

note above - the CPS did not contest his appeal - a very long way from the guy being innocent.

he is playing the system and is scum (sorry if that offends the liberals hereabouts) but i pay a lot of my earnings in tax, keep to the law fairly well and get a bit sick of chancers like this guy who do not think the law applies to them.
i've been pulled by plod three times in 26 years of driving, one producer for a faulty headlight (PITA) and two just had a word and sent me on my way.

this thread is going round in circles so i'll leave you all to your conspiracy theories.

Sponsored Links
I feel bad when I point out these mistakes, when my Dad says to me, Yes but son, I've been driving 40 years...YES but BADLY!

I feel your pain. Now I refuse to get in the in-laws' car for long journeys because of various incidents that resulted in my underwear turning brown.

He assumes modern cars are exactly the same as the 1950 Austin he learned in. I can live with the little nuggets about getting speed up before hills and his apparent fear of the tacho going above 1000 rpm even when chugging up a hill in 5th.

However, when we're rapidly coming up to a traffic jam on a country lane and he's trying to cadence brake AGAINST THE WISHES OF THE ABS, throwing the dog round the boot in the process, I think I can be forgiven for asking him what the hell he's playing at.

mind you, did you notice his number plate - E3RAS - a bit like Harass?

that is the most tenuous link in the history of tenuous links. :rolleyes:

oh right. it must be his mother initials then? :rolleyes:

so you actually believe that even a moron of this mans standing has a personal plate that reads E 3 RAS and whatever way he puts screws and ****e in the way it actually reads HARASS? are you really saying he bought that over....hmm lets think.....erm.... H 4 RAS?

you are ******* idiot sir. :rolleyes:

The vehicle doesn't look like a 1987 model. And the letters don't look spaced out, so maybe the guy likes Zebras, or Bras?

Maybe he is some old crazy 70 year old, with a vendetta against police, and the rules of the road - CRAZY! That likes to buy random number plates? Who knows? All my mates that drive off from Police have weird reg numbers, and act crazy...oops I just remembered - they don't. Old crazy 70 year olds do.

note above - the CPS did not contest his appeal - a very long way from the guy being innocent.
It doesn't matter which way you look at it, since in the eyes of the law he was "cleared of all the convictions against him."

Whether that occurs at a first trial or at an appeal is irrelevant!

That means he is completely innocent despite what anyone might think about the merits of the case...

So by your logic, I assume that whenever the CPS drops a case, you always regard the accused as guilty?

ellal";p="1697890 said:
It doesn't matter which way you look at it, since in the eyes of the law he was "cleared of all the convictions against him."

Whether that occurs at a first trial or at an appeal is irrelevant!

That means he is completely innocent despite what anyone might think about the merits of the case...

So by your logic, I assume that whenever the CPS drops a case, you always regard the accused as guilty?[/quote]

Somebody can be guilty, caught red handed, but drops the case 'due to not in the public interest', they are guilty, but not convicted.

Did anyone watch the BBC1 programme about the two Swedish(?) women that walked down a motorway, and the police stopped them, but they freaked out, and ran into traffic? Then one of them went on to murder someone? They were obviously metally disturbed, who sane would run into a motorway, or jump off a 40foot high bridge in their right mind, but the judge couldn't commit her, as it was 'temporary madness', couldn't put an indefinate release order on her, so next year she comes out of jail, to maybe repeat this behaviour. The law really is an ass.

Somebody can be guilty, caught red handed, but drops the case 'due to not in the public interest', they are guilty, but not convicted.

Apologies if I've taken your confusing quoting wrong, but it's very simple...

Someone may well have 'done something', but unless a guilty verdict is returned (whatever the procedural process) , that person is in the eyes of the law innocent!

That means not guilty because they havn't been convicted of anything!

If you (amongst others) wish to appoint themselves the arbiter of a person's guilt or innocence based on supposition without the facts, then 'justice' is a thing of the past...

you might as well take up the rope yourself... ;)

Apologies if I've taken your confusing quoting wrong, but it's very simple...

Someone may well have 'done something', but unless a guilty verdict is returned (whatever the procedural process) , that person is in the eyes of the law innocent!

That means not guilty because they havn't been convicted of anything!

If you (amongst others) wish to appoint themselves the arbiter of a person's guilt or innocence based on supposition without the facts, then 'justice' is a thing of the past...

you might as well take up the rope yourself... ;)

You are still missing the point - "In the eyes of the law innocent", but NOT innocent to the people, hence lynching mob mentality.

If Jack the Ripper was released tomorrow, would law work? or Lynching work? If Jack got off on some technacality? He wouldn't be alive for 5 minutes. So your supposition about law and order means nothing.

I'm surprised that Mary Bell has had a stress free life, maybe she was Margaret Thatcher?

Sponsored Links
Back