na the plod don't beat people up

Sponsored Links
I can't believe that people are defending this idiot.

Police have procedures to deal with just this situation. And you should note this is a classic passive resistance situation, not violent resistance. If the copper can't keep hiss cool in this situation then he shouldn't be doing the job.

I have martial art training. I also know about the basic compliance training police are given, which is based on jujitsu locks and holds. This instance it is perfectly possible to move the person without causing injury to her (of course she may step it up an notch, in which case the injury would be her fault).

If the guy was struggling he could have called the custody office, or someone else to help him.

It is Melksham FFS... Possibly best thing out of there apart from river Avon, might be anyone with a one way ticket - somewhere else. :D

I have sat back and read this thread with interest as I know the individual concerned and the place the assault occurred. Yes, it was an assault and deserved punishment.

Harsh sentence one might think but Cops know they are subject to greater punishment if convicted for any offence, and it is always at the back of your mind.

In this instance the 'Victim' was a very mild example of mild stubbornness. Custody suite staff would have dealt with far worse examples regularly. the bottom line was that the Custody Sgt lost his cool and has suffered greatly for it. ( I suspect an early sentence appeal though)

Had she not suffered the facial injury, there would not of been the reaction that followed. I would also question the immediate reaction of those others present - acceptance? fear? whatever, they need to examine their own part indoing nothing.

i was arrested 65 times in 1 year there

What a load of tosh. Don't believe you. there is more to this than meets the eye methinks. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
got sent this joke today

POLICE OFFICERS WANTED 4 Public Enforcement Duties. Interviews held tomorrow. Come Early & Beat The Crowd

There is no evidence that she was drunk. They arrested here for failing to supply a breath test, but that charge was dropped.

See Wiltshire Times (her local paper).

When she gets her pay-out she'll make a surprising recovery. ;)

I have sat back and read this thread with interest as I know the individual concerned and the place the assault occurred. Yes, it was an assault and deserved punishment.

Harsh sentence one might think but Cops know they are subject to greater punishment if convicted for any offence, and it is always at the back of your mind.

In this instance the 'Victim' was a very mild example of mild stubbornness. Custody suite staff would have dealt with far worse examples regularly. the bottom line was that the Custody Sgt lost his cool and has suffered greatly for it. ( I suspect an early sentence appeal though)

Had she not suffered the facial injury, there would not of been the reaction that followed. I would also question the immediate reaction of those others present - acceptance? fear? whatever, they need to examine their own part indoing nothing.

i was arrested 65 times in 1 year there

What a load of tosh. Don't believe you. there is more to this than meets the eye methinks. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Did you investigate this previous situation?

[url=http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/news/Jailed-police-officer-thug-uniform/article-2633399-detail/article.html]Saturday - Bath Chronicle hack[/url] said:
...Yesterday, civil servant Keith Turner said he warned Wiltshire police that Andrews was no more than a ''thug in uniform" four years ago.
Mr Turner, 52, was arrested but later cleared during a scuffle outside his local pub in Bath in July 2006, during which he was punched by Andrews. He complained about the excessive use of force and Andrews later admitted he had hit Mr Turner "as hard as he could", but was later cleared of any wrongdoing...

-0-

These sort of assault complaints are very common, and the IPCC would be swamped if they had to investigate each one around the country. Therefore, the policy is that the Forces' Professional Standards Unit will investigate, sometimes under the supervision of the IPCC. The IPCC will determine what action to take, if any.

There would of been other witnesses I am sure and probably CCTV.

I do not know of this particular case as it occurred in Bath which is a different Police Force. This is confusing as Andrews would then of been part of the Avon and Somerset Police not Wiltshire.

Having said that it would seem to indicate a predilection for excessive force and Wiltshire are best shot of him.

Still waiting for Kevplumb to substantiate his ridiculous, attention seeking claim! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

These sort of assault complaints are very common, and the IPCC would be swamped if they had to investigate each one around the country. Therefore, the policy is that the Forces' Professional Standards Unit will investigate, sometimes under the supervision of the IPCC. The IPCC will determine what action to take, if any.

Which means invariably they do f*ck all... ;)

But you're right, they would be swamped - because plod is out of control!

It's a situation where a momentary loss of composure has cost someone dearly, it happens in all walks of life in all situations

You bang your hand with some implement, throw the stupid thing in a flash of anger, smash a window, or worse, hit someone else with it...... costs ya

People who have had a fit of road rage, mouth off to someone, and some form of altercation occurs...... costs them

Been angry with your boss, told them exactly what you think of them....... more than likely costs ya !!

Loads more situations just like these..... :( :evil:

Poor bobby. Seems you can't even insist on some **** being put into a prison cell these days....the ironic thing is it is the same people defending this feckless woman that will be calling for other people to be hung for petty crimes.

the law is an ar5e. My old music teacher got done for being "drunk in charge of a vehicle". even though he didnt drive it. Just decided to sleep in when he realised he couldnt drive it. I obviously dont know the situation here however.
The actions in this video are indefensible. If a police officer has trouble with a prisoner he should ask for help/backup, its not difficult to see that. He deserves to be in jail.

the law is an a**e. My old music teacher got done for being "drunk in charge of a vehicle". even though he didnt drive it. Just decided to sleep in when he realised he couldnt drive it. I obviously dont know the situation here however.
The actions in this video are indefensible. If a police officer has trouble with a prisoner he should ask for help/backup, its not difficult to see that. He deserves to be in jail.

The law is there for a reason, if you are drunk, you do not get into a car.
The police officer did no less than most of us would do.

Sponsored Links
Back