Neighbour parking too close

Neighbourly problems are a nightmare, I've had my fair share. One neighbour seemed to actively encourage his visitors to park across my drive on a regular basis - pretty much every Tuesday after school, and again at the weekend. They always said "it's only for a minute" but it would always be the minute I was supposed to be going somewhere!
We moved. Nobody blocks my driveway now - an advantage of living on a busy road. OK, probably the only advantage!

Sponsored Links
Well that's totally disrespectful he hasn't yet actually parked on my drive but almost!

He refuses to drive on forwards I'm going with the yellow metal bollards so I can drive on properly he does have room to move over but he parks a van the other side and I guess space is tight but the bollards should prevent the trespass

To ask him to drive on forwards and then reverse onto road, you are asking him to contravene the Highway Code. page 47 reversing 177

I think you do tolerant more from neighbours if you get on. I've always treated people the same way I would like to be treated but it just doesn't work in the real world.

Sponsored Links
It looks like you need a single post, just about where his drivers door is! :)

Alternatively you could dig out a small oval flower bed again just where his drivers door happens to be :)

And then keep it topped up with mulch to stop the weeds -probably sloppy cow manure. :mrgreen:

Or plant a nice bush pyracantha or wild rose :eek:

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks for all your advice some of you think I'm making something out of nothing maybe your right but I do feel him parking on the edge is a little disrespectful his car is sometimes even closer than the picture too
not commenting on your actual situation as such
more weighting up the extra inconvenience over possible extra hastle from your actions
he may turn from a complete arse to an an evil arse who knows its just a consideration worth thinking about
its worth checking your deeds or lease as it may say something along the lines off
"permitted to pass along your drive on foot for access only and without moterized conveyance"
or words to that effect :(

Untitled.jpg

.jpg

red paint.jpg

Neighbours fooking neighbours,

Just be nice to your neighbour for 12 months then move away before your fooking neighbour devalues your property.

Have had legal advice on shyte neighbours and they have always mentioned the 12 months with out confrontation (then you dont need to mention carp neighbours on any sales documents)

How long did it take to mention a van in this thread?
Take a photo that is a wider shot, show the whole pair of drives.

Its hard to tell why he would be parking so close to you.

I'd opt for the p[lacing of something big and heavy (like the sleepers) wholly on your land, do it on a day when your sure hes going to be out for a long time.

Sponsored Links
Back