One Mans Story!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have to say it is not my story,but it was taken from our local paper and wondered what i would have done in the same situation..

--------------------------------------------

While driving to work along clive sullivan way,i was confronted by a motorcycle parked at the side of the road...it was head-on to the traffic,and hidden behind it was a figure in black leather pointing what appeared to be a gun at traffic.There was no warnings displayed.Having taught anti-anbush procedures to military drivers for many years,my immediate reaction was to drive into the bike and use it to kill the person with the gun,but i was prevented from doing so by traffic on the near side lane.This was very fortunate because as i passed at 40mph ,i realised the figure was a traffic enforcement officer pointing a speed camera.This brings up several saftey points: The officer was not making himself plainly visible,which contravenes safety guidelines ,he was putting other road users and pedestrians in danger by acting in such a suspicious manner and he was contravening the health and saftey at work act by putting himself in obvious danger: Given the large number of military drivers on the roads,and given the current terrorist climate,the officer and his bosses have only themselves to blame if someone does take precipitous action in the way i describe.Given that anti-terrorist officers can apparently get away with shooting innocent civilians ,i would also expect any such defensive action to go unpunished by the courts....

Sponsored Links
I would probabiy have forgotten about it when I got home, let alone get it printed!

All his "victims" would have their convictions quashed if they went to court. Any mobile speed camera sites must be visible from 60 (or is it 100)m.

Plus, they must suspect you of speeding before they pull the gun. They cannot simply blast everyone and hope some stick....

There is also the precedent of Kenneth Noye being acquitted after stabbing an undercover policeman to death in his garden. It may be by no means certain that a disguised or concealed policeman who appears to represent a mortal threat to someone is immune from attack or that the attacker will be found to have done anything wrong.

Sponsored Links
Plus, they must suspect you of speeding before they pull the gun. They cannot simply blast everyone and hope some stick....

sorry but they can point a speed camera at whoever they wish, they dont have to suspect anything, and its quite often done in certain areas very openly and overtly to have the effect of slowing a lot of drivers down rather than actually catching some.(although there are still some blind gormless speeding idiots who get caught!) Now that i agree with, skulking unseen i dont!

Thermo said:

sorry but they can point a speed camera at whoever they wish, they dont have to suspect anything, and its quite often done in certain areas very openly and overtly to have the effect of slowing a lot of drivers down rather than actually catching some.(although there are still some blind gormless speeding idiots who get caught!) Now that i agree with, skulking unseen i dont!
yeah, round here, they just set up the camera in the back of the van, point it out the back window, and sit and read the daily sport all day. oh, they do have to get out though, to put up their speed camera warning triangle. Its a hard life. If its a ncie day, they get out and set it on a tripod on the grass. You drive by and see the officer laid in the grass sunning themselves. :LOL:

crafty1289
regarding them coppers you speak about being lazy fat wasters sprawled about lying on grass verges ,looking at the T*Ts in Daily Sport , was it a dual carriageway near me in Manc, by chance as I saw the same ,lol..lol :)

what I did was double back park up nearby an spent an hour flashing cars ,as I listened to some Rammstein on my cd player :)

Moz said:
crafty1289
regarding them coppers you speak about being lazy fat wasters sprawled about lying on grass verges ,looking at the T*Ts in Daily Sport , was it a dual carriageway near me in Manc, by chance as I saw the same ,lol..lol :)

what I did was double back park up nearby an spent an hour flashing cars ,as I listened to some Rammstein on my cd player :)
i dont read (/look at) that rubbish. Quality read - the mirror :LOL:

Rammstien lol. You didn't strike me as the type! :LOL:

crafty1289
Sport , lol..lol
only had a glance when I was on a building site ,honest , ;)
Mirror man myself too...

I like all kinds of music , but like that thrash metal while in the car alone an my ears are bleeding with the volume ,lol.....:)

Moz said:
I like all kinds of music , but like that thrash metal while in the car alone an my ears are bleeding with the volume ,lol.....:)

Love that Rammstein in the car. My youngest son is now also a fan. He took a big liking to Metallica when I had that on the other day. In the car is the best chance for playing it LOUD so that the police inspector who lives next door to me doesn't come round to complain about the noise if I crank it up in the house! :D

Rammstein, Metallica , that as said about being a Good Neighbour , //////is uuurgh great , lol ..lol ///////

Sponsored Links
Back