plumber shortage over ...

PAUL ..

PAUL ....

that was the reaction from real world only plumbers I want ok ..:)

you say it killed them , the whole industry ..DONT ..

you prey on fears .. if they are sh*te hawks

"the whole house can fall down ..lol after that lot .."
lecky work think of getting trained final fix

have numbers for good cheap lecky lads to sign you off .. ok for a tenner call out , when no busy,
most lads will do tiling ..extra £300 around bath , basin, toilet... at most 5 m s ..lol

Sponsored Links
Agile wrote,

"During the last three months I have seen more flue installation faults by British CORGIs than the East Europeans."

:LOL:

If you were to go to Eastern Europe, I feel sure that you would find the situation reversed.

polish workers need to feel unwelcome here shame on anyone using them

Slogger, Poles and others are coming here perfectly legally and are exercising their rights as citizens of the European Union. They have the right to seek employment in any state of the EU , the same as you and I.

Given that, I think it is shameful that anyone should suggest that they should be made unwelcome. I have met many Poles in recent years and they are generally very pleasant, which cannot be said of you.

Perhaps if you knew something about Polish history you might be a little more understanding. Not so long ago Britain went to war to protect Poland from occupation by another power. In the event it was 50 years before the Poles regained the sort of freedom that you and I take for granted. And after all that you dare to suggest that they should be made unwelcome.

Sponsored Links
Slogger said:
polish workers need to feel unwelcome here shame on anyone using them
Nothing new from this tired old bigot.

I don't figure it like that Moz; for one thing, the Poles are mostly not Muslims.

However slogger is mostly a bigot, and Moz is mostly drunk :LOL:

Hiya oilman - all ok with you?

True enough 'bout Slogger; Moz is doing his best methinks.

I gota feel a bit of sympathy for Sloggers view.

The problem with migrant work in UK is that it isn't to meet a shortage of workers, just a shortage of people willing to work. It pushes down wages and encourages our chav class to sit arround on the dole more than ever. At the moment Gordon Brown is borrowing billions to pay the chav scum to sit on their asses. If income support was provided for a max of 12 months there would be a glut of people wanting to work as mates under the supervision of a plumber.

I reckon a lot of the money the Poles take from our economy is sent straight back to poland too. Plus many of these guy's are gonna settle here and have a family. I thought the ideal population for the UK had been worked out to be about 40 million. We're going the wrong way !

brumylad said:
I gota feel a bit of sympathy for Sloggers view.
:!: :eek:

I say again: :eek:

brumylad said:
The problem with migrant work in UK is that it isn't to meet a shortage of workers, just a shortage of people willing to work.
What's the bleedin' difference?

brumylad said:
It pushes down wages and encourages our chav class to sit arround on the dole more than ever.
Those people will use any excuse under the sun to achieve their goal of sponging.

brumylad said:
At the moment Gordon Brown is borrowing billions to pay the chav scum to sit on their asses.
We are. We are borrowing the money, not GB - it's simply his job to do the donkey work.

brumylad said:
If income support was provided for a max of 12 months there would be a glut of people wanting to work as mates under the supervision of a plumber.
They might want to, but who in their right mind would want to employ/train someone from the laziest group of people in the country?

brumylad said:
I reckon a lot of the money the Poles take from our economy is sent straight back to poland too.
Of course it is - it doesn't required any 'reckoning' to reach that conclusion! And BTW their homeland is spelt Poland, with a capital P. Tch.

brumylad said:
Plus many of these guy's are gonna settle here and have a family. I thought the ideal population for the UK had been worked out to be about 40 million. We're going the wrong way !
If it were a straight choice between hard working, well educated, polite, and healthy Polish immigrants, and the chain-smoking scum who spend their waking hours in shopping centres, I know what I'd want. Do you?

Vive La Pologne :D

Crystal, most of these boilers I see are installed by the Polish! The minority installed by the British CORGIs have the flue faults and NOT those fitted by the unregistered Polish.

There is also this Polish fellow who actually IS registered and he signs off all the other boilers fitted by his unregistered mates.

There are also some shops where the shop owner is registered and he signs off the boilers fitted by his unregistered customers.

Tony

Poles, french yellow red green whats the bloody difference there is still roo many of us

at this rate there will be two plumbers to every client :LOL:

I do feel some simpathy with the slogger type point of view, polands etc come to the UK cos they can earn more, they have no intention of staying ergo the money thy earn goes to their countries GDP

where as not many workers will go to poland (oops sorry Captain politcally correct softus Poland ;) ) from the uk and do the same as the cost of living here is infinatley higher

this is where the premature expansion of the EU is going to cost the economic power houses of Germany, france Italy and the UK dear.

By the way before anyone jumps on thier High horse and accuses me of being a bigot, if it wernt for the kindness and acceptance of the british people circa 1940-1944,k accepting my paternal grandparents as refugees I would not even be alive. I am not arguing that they should not be over here I am arguing that WE should have made OVER there better.

Good bless britain and its liberal, accepting and its tradition of ethic diversiity

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back