PM Dominic Cummings either resigns or is sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I've written to my (tory) MP to pass on my message that Cummings must go - if not by his own sword then be sacked - Immediately! Will it do any good? I don't know, probably not, but I feel better for doing it.

We haven't seen our elderly family in weeks and they need our help but WTF can we do and keep to the rules...

Maybe I need to change the family name...

Actually the full rules were read out in the brief and if he did exactly what he has stated ok but the distance could be seen as dubious.

One thing made very clear by SAGE is that communications to the public must be very clear. Politicians as a breed tend to be very wordy - only have to listen to the question time in the brief to realise that. Being clear isn't usually one of their skills.

oh dear the RWR are enraged, they are so sensitive and so quick to come out and defend their lying government.....how sweet :ROFLMAO:
Another example of Notch and the need for him to step away i see you've also now adopted the term for extreme (fictional) online characters that you insist exist here...

the RWR.

Come on Notch who are they what do they think what do they represent? What does it stand for?

Im sure you can summarise them with a few simple words :LOL:

For the record i don't like this little squirt one bit but i only know what i read.

Sponsored Links
Another example of Notch and the need for him to step away i see you've also now adopted the term for extreme (fictional) online characters that you insist exist here...

the RWR.

Come on Notch who are they what do they think what do they represent? What does it stand for?

Im sure you can summarise them with a few simple words :LOL:

For the record i don't like this little squirt one bit but i only know what i read.
I see Festive cant provide a counter argument, he knows what Ive written is correct, so he goes for a good old Ad hominem to deflect. Well Done :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I see Festive cant provide a counter argument, he knows what Ive written is correct, so he goes for a good old Ad hominem to deflect. Well Done :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Nothing ad hominem going on here the Notch that was, just answer the questions why you insist this RWR association has to be thwacked on anything you disagree with? Is there no reasoning behind your thoughts?
What needs to be countered? Who are you proclaiming this to, do you have an audience crutch here to which need/calling out to for support? Are you religious?

Not going to get dragged into this debate but here is something for you to ponder.

He 'allegedly' broke the rules by making what most people consider to be an unnecessary journey in order that someone may be available to look after his son should he and his wife become too ill.

Other people, (i.e. members of the public), who have made journeys considered to be unnecessary have simply been fined. They have not lost their jobs and are in no danger of losing their jobs because of it.

So should there be different laws for people who are in the public eye, and if so, where do you draw the line of distinction?
Footballers, pop stars, actresses/actors, high profile businessmen/women are all in the public eye. Should they also lose their jobs?

Let's make one thing clear. I am not defending what he did, merely pointing out the nuances of making someone a scapegoat because of media reporting methods.

Actually the full rules were read out in the brief and if he did exactly what he has stated ok but the distance could be seen as dubious.
Seems a clear breach of the rules to me,

"What were the lockdown rules?
At the time of Mr Cummings' trip, the whole of the UK was in the "stay at home" part of lockdown.​

This meant you were only allowed to leave the house to:​

• Shop for basic necessities - namely food and medicine
  • Carry out one form of exercise a day - alone or with members of your household
  • Address a medical need
  • Travel for work purposes
However, the government advice said, if you had symptoms, you had to stay isolated in your home for seven days from when the symptoms began, with any other members of the household having to isolate for 14 days in case they had contracted the virus.​

You were not allowed to see family or friends from other households if you had symptoms and also told not to travel anywhere.

Asked on 10 April what you do if two parents are sick and you can't look after your child, deputy chief medical officer for England, Jenny Harries, said: "Clearly if you have adults who are unable to look after a small child, that is an exceptional circumstance.

"And if the individuals do not have access to care support, formal care support, or to family, they will be able to work through their local authority hubs.""
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-52784290
Granted the rules may have been badly constructed, but they were the rules.

Not going to get dragged into this debate but here is something for you to ponder.

He 'allegedly' broke the rules by making what most people consider to be an unnecessary journey in order that someone may be available to look after his son should he and his wife become too ill.

Other people, (i.e. members of the public), who have made journeys considered to be unnecessary have simply been fined. They have not lost their jobs and are in no danger of losing their jobs because of it.

So should there be different laws for people who are in the public eye, and if so, where do you draw the line of distinction?
Footballers, pop stars, actresses/actors, high profile businessmen/women are all in the public eye. Should they also lose their jobs?

Let's make one thing clear. I am not defending what he did, merely pointing out the nuances of making someone a scapegoat because of media reporting methods.
I hear you.
I guess when it's people who work for government, the same government who are setting the rules for us mere mortals, it comes over as 'Do as I say, not what I do'. It's hypocritical.

Reasonable comment, conny. But what do you do when the one breaking the rules is one of those that helped formulate those rules?

The beeb decided to show 2 reporters talking and arguing about it. One from the Gardian and the other from the Daily Mail.

Their rather subtle indication that we mostly have a political argument. LOL as is happening here.

Chuck that to one side and what is left is ok providing he really did do what he said. The only dubious thing really is couldn't he arrange to do the same thing in London. Child care if needed. Most people do take some care in who exactly looks after their kids.

oh dear the RWR are enraged, they are so sensitive and so quick to come out and defend their lying government.....how sweet

That's funny coming from someone who got so excited by this news he did a little wee wee in his panties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back