Progress on Brexit talks

^^^^^^ So says the forum expert on the EU. (sorry, meant the forum government voice on Remoaning)

Sponsored Links
Tell me Johnnyboy,, What has Michel Barnier been talking about this week? Pure fantasy I suppose.. He hasn't mentioned that we'll have to pay anything at all I suppose. He's not even talked about teaching the UK (and others) what it is to dare leave the club has he? Yep, pure fantasy that a bill for leaving has even been mentioned isn't it.

He hasn't mentioned that we'll have to pay anything at all I suppose
Has anyone actually tabled an amount yet? No. Both sides are just speculating.

Anyhoo, I don't know what your problem is Judith. The quitters reckon we hold the bargaining chips so we just say no, to any demands.

Simple. Stop making such a fuss over a bill that has not even been produced yet and move on.

Sponsored Links
I've not met a single degree-educated individual who knew the first thing about CFP, CAP and so on.

As rare as hens teeth. The majority will have vested interests at heart. Two faced left wing ******* more interested in feathering their own nests.
Who spent most of their uni days sampling drugs and getting their rocks off..

Last edited:
Tell me Johnnyboy,, What has Michel Barnier been talking about this week? Pure fantasy I suppose.. He hasn't mentioned that we'll have to pay anything at all I suppose. He's not even talked about teaching the UK (and others) what it is to dare leave the club has he? Yep, pure fantasy that a bill for leaving has even been mentioned isn't it.
I think judith must have suffered from a severe disciplined upbringing. She equates education or teaching with "being taught a lesson".
That is not what Michel Barnier meant. He said, "He said that any adverse impact on the UK is not a punishment in itself but a logical consequence of decisions made by the British voters and subsequently by the British government, and he intends to educate people about that."

He went on to say, "Mr Barnier said he wanted to teach the British people and others what leaving the single market means, hence his reference to being a teacher, a pedagogue." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41141650

This was part of a speeech of Michel Barnier made about four months ago, "
Nevertheless we can be certain that Brexit will inevitably entail a number of negative consequences.
This is not a question of “punishment”.
There are consequences that simply follow logically from the choice made by the British people.[/quote]http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_SPEECH-17-1236_en.htm

See the consistency, compared to DD's and TM's, et al, continually shifting position?

That is education, judith, not punishment.
Your intentional misinterpretation of, "He's not even talked about teaching the UK (and others) what it is to dare leave the club has he?" is obvious.

It is obvious where you get your inspiration and views from:
upload_2017-9-10_10-9-45.png

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-mail/20170904/281616715513568
He explained his comment:
upload_2017-9-10_10-11-16.png

‘teach the British people and others what leaving the eu means’.

Obviously that quote by barner (or who ever said it) is intended for the remoaners.
Leaving for us and others means we will prosper. But the thick remoaners just don't geddit yet.

Last edited:
Nobody asked my age when I voted at the referendum, so how accurate are these polls? What is the error rate?

You're right Doug, they have no actual correct and verified figures, they're just extrapoltions based on the more than likely demographics that they assume are in each region or area. They are reckoned to be reasonably accurate, but I don't know the margin of error they work to - not that they'd ever tell you that of course.

Who the f**k does he think he is? "The EU's Brexit negotiator has said he sees the process as an opportunity to "teach" the British people and others what leaving the single market means."

It was actually Junkers who said that they would teach the UK a lesson for daring to leave the EU, and I suspect Barnier was just trying to point out that that we hadn't thought this process and decision through properly, and didn't realise how complicated it would be - no we may not have, but that doesn't bother us, we'll deal with the consequences after we out.

‘teach the British people and others what leaving the eu means’.

Obviously that quote by barner is intended for the remoaners.
Leaving for us and others means we will prosper. But the thick remoaners just don't geddit yet.
Do you know the difference between being in the EU, and being in the single market?
Michel Barnier was referring to the single market.

It was actually Junkers who said that they would teach the UK a lesson for daring to leave the EU,
I think you will find that what he actually said was, "Britain can expect no favours from its neighbours if it votes to “desert” and leave the European Union next month, the EU’s chief executive Jean-Claude Juncker said on Friday." http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-br...h-deserters-to-get-no-eu-favour-idUKKCN0YB1NH

That was back in April 2016 before the referendum

Do you know the difference between being in the EU, and being in the single market?
Michel Barnier was referring to the single market.
Nah wannabehimmyagain. Re-read his quote. He did mention leaving the "EU",(his words not your's) not the single market.. You're twisting things to suit your agenda.

Nah wannabehimmyagain. Re-read his quote. He did mention leaving the "EU",(his words not your's) not the single market.. You're twisting things to suit your agenda.
Somebody please explain to judith which are the DM's words and which are Michel Barnier's words.
I will give you a clue, judith, the DM's words:
upload_2017-9-10_11-48-8.png

More of the DM's words:
upload_2017-9-10_11-48-53.png

Michel Barnier's words, notice the "he said":
upload_2017-9-10_11-49-46.png

How can you hope to make a sensible decision about Brexit, when you are so easily misled over what someone said?
And so easily misled by the DM! :rolleyes:

Someone else who cannot tell the difference between reporters reporting in their own words and quotes attributed to people.

This is a quote, "Mr Juncker replied: “No. Britain's example will make everyone realise that it's not worth leaving.”"
So is this, "He added: “On the contrary, the remaining member states will fall in love with each other again and renew their vows with the European Union.”"
So is this, "He said: “Half memberships and cherry-picking aren't possible. In Europe you eat what's on the table or you don't sit at the table.”"
So is this, "Mr Juncker said chief negotiator Michel Barnier had “everything prepared down to the last detail”.
However this bit tagged on the end is not a quote of anyone other than the reporter 'including a divorce bill of between £20billion and £60billion'.

Can you see the difference. If you cannot, it is a waste of my time explaining it you.

Sponsored Links
Back