Robbing Parking Companies

There are cowboy parking companies, and there are perfectly legal ones.

You deal with them accordingly
You claimed that the 2 fora mentioned advise against ignoring everything unless registered keepers receive a letter of claim.
I invited you to look for yourself and you shifted your argument.
Were you wrong?

Sponsored Links
You claimed that the 2 fora mentioned advise against ignoring everything unless registered keepers receive a letter of claim.
I invited you to look for yourself and you shifted your argument.
Were you wrong?
Did I?

Where ?

So, where do you park if out and about, and not using a car park?
Nearly always end up in a car park, sometimes a lot further than the area I want to be in.

Driving around an area looking for a space is time consuming, and rarely free or for long enough. Too many restrictions

That's generally the idea behind car parks

Sponsored Links
Nearly always end up in a car park, sometimes a lot further than the area I want to be in.

Driving around an area looking for a space is time consuming, and rarely free or for long enough. Too many restrictions

That's generally the idea behind car parks

And, when there are few / no car parks?
(Which was the bit I initially stated, and you argued with).

And, when there are few / no car parks?
(Which was the bit I initially stated, and you argued with).
As I said, generally a car park, further away than I ideally want to be.

Other parking is virtually unobtainable reliably . Driving round and round to find it is not for me

Yes, a spot can be found occasionally. It's not the same though when time is an issue

Other parking is virtually unobtainable reliably

It depends where you are of course, but I tend to find that such places are well-served with car parks.
Which is why they built the car park(s) in the first place, or the presence of the car park(s) made restricting the existing parking viable.

It depends where you are of course, but I tend to find that such places are well-served with car parks.
Which is why they built the car park(s) in the first place, or the presence of the car park(s) made restricting the existing parking viable.
Obviously depends where.

But I've never found an area without car parks that has an abundance of other parking. And certainly not without important details to take note of.

Maybe you could name 1 such place, will see if I've been there and what my experiences were

But I've never found an area without car parks that has an abundance of other parking.

In my experience, about the only places I'd agree with your above post, would be the arris-end back streets of suburban Brum and its environs, where it is nose-to-tail residential parking at every hour.

If it wasn’t timed, it would be full up permanently with those that work in sainsburys and the high street shops and offices.

Edit: Just looked at the sign and it is actually for the use of Sainsburys customers. Just noticed too that no return within 1 hour so should be okay if I went twice in a day in the same car as long as I didn't return within an hour of leaving.

View attachment 333358
I can't read the small print, but that sign is a statement not a binding contract. If I received a parking charge notice from them I would invite them to prove their claim.

FIL has been 'done' overstaying in these car parks before, he's ignored the demands for payments... and debt collection agency threats. The amounts have been up and down getting to the dizzying heights of nearly £400. This was over a few years ago now and they have never followed it up, even though they have sent him 20 or so demands.

FIL claims only the Police and Council can only issue a fine.
That is correct, but a parking charge notice is due if they can prove a contract existed. It's not hard to place the terms and conditions on a board and the fee which must be paid if you don't adhere to them. It's also case law that the fee can be a "commercial disincentive" in other words daylight robbery to discourage you from breaking the rules.

They have 6 Years to bring a claim. They cannot apply interest or "collection fees" to a contested contract. They will have to prove their debt claim if they want to bankrupt you.

In my experience, about the only places I'd agree with your above post, would be the arris-end back streets of suburban Brum and its environs, where it is nose-to-tail residential parking at every hour.
1 area i very rarely go

Sponsored Links
Back