Stanley Johnson's eyes have been extensively tested...

Status
Not open for further replies.
he will still need to self quarantine himself.
What, when he got to Bulgaria - or don't Bulgarians matter.?

There are probably many business people and ordinary members of the public using these flights daily, but because he is Boris' dad, its headline news.
Is that true?

Why are the Airlines all complaining, then?

Sponsored Links
"The Foreign & Commonwealth Office currently advises British nationals against all but essential international travel".

One could argue that business reasons is essential international travel. Obviously his travel insurance will not be valid and if he falls ill or needs medical attention, it’s down to him. It’s his choice.

What, when he got to Bulgaria - or don't Bulgarians matter.?

Is that true?

Why are the Airlines all complaining, then?

I don't know the lockdown rules in Bulgaria. Do you?

Airlines are complaining not enough people are flying!

Airlines are complaining not enough people are flying!

They aint going to fly to Greece with just one passenger though. No wonder the BBC are having to lay off 1 in 6 of their staff if this story is all they're capable of coming up with.
Shut them down I say.

Sponsored Links
Obviously his travel insurance will not be valid and if he falls ill or needs medical attention, it’s down to him. It’s his choice.
Or he could rely on his EHIC card...

Something his son apparently wishes to make defunct at the end of the year for 65 million people...

But given it's a reciprocal arrangement, I wonder how many Europeans won't bother coming to the UK because of the lack of healthcare coverage in 6 months time?

After all, they'll still have 30 countries to choose from!

Last edited:
I wonder how many Europeans won't bother coming to the UK because of the lack of healthcare coverage in 6 months time?
I would imagine just those who have an underlying health issue and can’t get get health insurance. I don’t want those type of visitors to the U.K. anyway and think we should make it an entry requirement that travellers to the U.K. have health insurance. What happens when European travellers including you want to go to countries that don’t accept a EHIC?

After all, they'll still have 30 countries to choose from!
Do you really think acceptance of an EHIC is a consideration when choosing a holiday destination? :LOL::LOL:

I would imagine just those who have an underlying health issue and can’t get get health insurance. I don’t want those type of visitors to the U.K. anyway and think we should make it an entry requirement that travellers to the U.K. have health insurance. What happens when European travellers including you want to go to countries that don’t accept a EHIC?

Insurance?

Many travellers will be at risk of Covid19 but will be bereft of cover for such a disease. Insurers are refusing to cover expenses arising from Covid19. You will be taking a huge financial risk no matter which way tourists will be traveling - with or without the EHIC card.

Insurance?

Many travellers will be at risk of Covid19 but will be bereft of cover for such a disease. Insurers are refusing to cover expenses arising from Covid19. You will be taking a huge financial risk no matter which way tourists will be traveling - with or without the EHIC card.
Recently renewed mine. Pretty good cover for COVID-19 as long as the FO is not advising against travel.
https://www.coverforyou.com/coronavirus_cover.php

as the FO is not advising against travel
...or medical advice..?:unsure:

Does that mean you must seek out medical advice or is that just generic government stuff? I.E. do you (or your family) need a medical assessment and a certificate to be able to travel with cover?

...or medical advice..?:unsure:

Does that mean you must seek out medical advice or is that just generic government stuff? I.E. do you (or your family) need a medical assessment and a certificate to be able to travel with cover?
I wouldn’t think so. I think that’s in case you have a serious illness or operation just before you are due to travel and you are advised not to travel. You can’t be expected to get medical clearance to travel every time you want to go abroad. :rolleyes:

You can’t be expected to get medical clearance to travel every time you want to go abroad. :rolleyes:
Insurers may think differently. You know how slippery they are especially when faced with a £40'000 medical bill.

Our travel insurance is pretty comprehensive but it does come with clauses and plenty of medical questions to answer before travelling. Now that we have a global pandemic, you can be sure that you will need to have jumped through plenty of hoops before setting foot on a plane.

Insurers may think differently. You know how slippery they are especially when faced with a £40'000 medical bill.

Our travel insurance is pretty comprehensive but it does come with clauses and plenty of medical questions to answer before travelling. Now that we have a global pandemic, you can be sure that you will need to have jumped through plenty of hoops before setting foot on a plane.
Possibly but we’ve been with that insurance co. for a while now and they seem pretty fair. At renewal time they gave everyone 15 months for the price of 12 and I also have an annual car hire excess policy with them (about £40). When some scamming Spanish car hire company charged nearly £800 to my card accusing me of three scratches to a hire car, I sent the email, photos and a copy of my credit card statement to them and they reimbursed me straight away, no quibbles. I can only go on that as you can never know what insurers are like until you want to claim.

Who knows?

The UK is being its usual arrogant big-headed self thinking it is more important than anyone else.

Deciding that travel without returning quarantine is only allowed to places that have a better covid situation than the UK.
It should be the other way round but economics is taking over from safety.

Makes perfect sense.
Reducing the point to absurdity, why would the UK need to enforce quarantine on someone returning from a Covid-free area?

BJ's dad used the same lawful authority as I did to visit my business properties. He hasn't broken lockdown laws as long as his holiday pad, is genuinely available for let and his purpose for visiting was for business as he claims. Whether it was essential travel, is another matter, but that is not law, just advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back