STAY ALERT

Sponsored Links
BJs message was not clear last night and it will create complications. But as grown adults we need interpret the best way to suit ourselves and our familys.
Hopfuly today he will make things clearer after reflection of last night.

If you've been working why would you get any lockdown cash? Sounds like benefits fraud to me.
Agree here that is the same thing claiming the money whilst still working is fraud.

Sponsored Links
I hope Starmer's ****ing happy. Pushed far to soon for a way out of the Lockdown! Now look at the mess (fudge-up) this country is in.

For many people turning up at work tomorrow will be impossible, without prior talks with their employer, concerning many issues.

An ill thought out statement from the government.

Half of our staff (inc. me) are furloughed.
Our main office is (IMHO) not conducive to effective social distancing; lots of small offices with three or four squeezed in, reliance on hot-desking, but the clincher for me are the long and narrow corridors. You'd have to back up, up or down stairs and even back out of the building, to allow someone else to pass. Not practicable. That, and the toilets are very small rooms, with too few facilities, too close together (in an attempt to cram "enough" into them, for the occupancy of the building). Tiresome and inconvenient in normal times, unacceptable risks in these times.

I hope Starmer's ****ing happy. Pushed far to soon for a way out of the Lockdown! Now look at the mess (fudge-up) this country is in.

Did he? I didn't know that. I've seen him asking what was the government's strategy.

Can you provide a link for him asking for an early end to lockdown?

Seems so wrong. They keep saying kids don't spread it, but we're sure my primary age son brought it in to our house - his teacher had it.

I was led to believe the were super carriers. Howvon earth you will get them to social distance is beyond me.

As I have posted before....

So, we currently only know (for certain (ish)) where it is.
Because we've already been told,
It's not a problem
It doesn't spread human - to - human
It does spread human - to - human
It only seriously affects vulnerable groups
It can seriously affect anyone
Etc etc

Basically, each new case can confound, as much as it can inform.
Which is fine, provided "those in the know" stop claiming to be "in the know".

Good ol' Dr Chris was on R5L this morning, and answered a caller's request for information about kids' resilience to CV.

Dr Chris said that it currently appears that kids are little different than any other group; no less likely to catch it and spread it, being one.
He said that the previous assumption was probably an artefact of the limited testing and resultant dataset. By only testing symptomatic people (and kids are believed to be less likely to appear symptomatic), when you look at the figures later, kids will be obviously underrepresented in the data.

So this morning clarification from Sadiq says French people are exempt from the airport quarantine?
He also says actually what Boris meant was building trades only back to work who can distance not anyone else.

We really need right now someone delivering absolute instruction. I still feel it was delivered more from a desire to keep Tory gov polls high over what we should be doing. Alot of hyperbole used in his speech i think some people wouldn't interpret in the right way.
Ruthless bosses are going to love this new instruction.

From what I understand, what Boris said was that if you can’t work at home, you can return to work if it is safe to do so and you avoid the distancing rule although I understand that it applies only to the construction and manufacturing industries and if possible, avoid public transport.

Let's face it, it's another f-up by Boris in the coronavirus saga.

So this morning clarification from Sadiq says French people are exempt from the airport quarantine?
That seems pretty sensible to me (well it would, wouldn't it).
When the air/quarantine was first mentioned I immediately thought what a daft idea for nearby countries such as France.
People arriving from France by air - quarantine, but people arriving from France by ferry or chunnel - no quarantine necessary. :whistle:

Who the heck thinks up these policies?

A bit more clarity would be nice.

The flights thing makes some sense. You can't quarantine deliveries from the EU or their drivers without the worst of the Brexit predictions all coming true instantly. Claiming a quarantine for them would be insane, so it isn't being suggested (Good idea Boris). You could try to quarantine all passenger traffic but it'd have so many holes you could drive a bus through it (see what I did there?).

The air travel quarantine makes a bit of sense, although it is the definition of locking the barn door after the horse has escaped. I'm amazed there's anywhere that wants Brits to fly there at the moment.

Morons who put lives second to money.
I can accept and understand their ideological positions, but don't they run these policies past a couple of people to identify glaringly obvious problems, before releasing them on the public?
It's a rhetorical question really, because it's obvious to me that they don't.

The other problem that I can see, is where do these people quarantine themselves?
And what control is in place to ensure it happens?

Sponsored Links
Back