Stormzy scholarship

Sponsored Links
Re-read your post.

It is quite obvious!

OK ill make it clearer.

You can be fat bald and very unhealthy to be part of the Old boys Club that runs Football. And know nothing about football. They will hang onto the likes of Pele and Beckham but these two are the exception. Most are fat ugly and rich and never kicked a football.

Don't get this confused with kicking the ball for a living or telingl your players what way to kick a ball and who too.

You need a certain amount of talent to get from a 12 year old and into football management. Very few exceptions.

What often happens is a player may not excel yet becomes a good manager./coach. In fact more often the case but they mainly have had a playing career.

But is that because of lack of opportunity?

Pack elite universities full of priviliged pupils, and it's hardly surprising that our 'rulers' and our 'captains of industry' are cut from the same cloth!

The same could be said of all walks of life!

I don't disagree with you. But this against all of us. Not only if you are black

Sponsored Links
Oh dear! Bodd is going to have another go at trying to convince us that racial discrimination does not exist.
When you have a black man standing there specifically saying he is going to put two black kids through collage and if a white singer done the same he would be told he was racist.

Then yes descrimination is massive.

When you get clubs that only black people can attend then yes it alive and well.

The MOBO awards and n any more.

Loose the colour what does it matter if your black or white.

I know a song about that B

When you have a black man standing there specifically saying he is going to put two black kids through collage and if a white singer done the same he would be told he was racist.

Then yes descrimination is massive.

When you get clubs that only black people can attend then yes it alive and well.

The MOBO awards and n any more.

Loose the colour what does it matter if your black or white.

I know a song about that B
You are either being obtuse, argumentative for the sake of it, or trying to convince us that racial discrimination does not exist.
I know where my money lies.
Stormzy is helping some kids, financially, and only financially, that have already qualified on their own merit, to go to a specific uni. i.e. Cambridge.
He recognises an imbalance in the number of black students at Cambridge. He is perfectly at liberty to assist some students financially. He is doing it as (as RogueHanger expresses) Positive Action, which is perfectly legal.
If there was not an imbalance of black students at Cambridge, maybe his offer would be deemed racist. But there is an imbalance, therefore any consideration of racism is purely hypothetical.

If a white singer offered to do the same, knowing full well that there was not an imbalance, his offer could well be considered racist.
However, if there was an imbalance, then his offer could be considered Positive Action, and not illegal.
For instance, if a Basketball team had an imbalance of white players, and they wanted to represent their society, they might create a policy of ensuring white players are included. It would not be racist. It would be Positive Action.

The MOBO awards has been fully discussed in the past. (But it does not prevent RWR from raising old debunked arguments time and time again).
White people are considered for the MOBO awards.
MOBO stands for Music of Black Origin not Music by Black Players, that would be MOBP. :rolleyes:
It is the style of the music that is the criteria.

Considering Jessie J won a handful of MOBO awards perhaps they are indulging in a spot of positive discrimination :D

Last edited:
It needs someone to apply, be rejected based on colour and the claim for damages will be easy peasy. The only possible defence is that the discrimination is justified. It would be a very difficult and careful defence because it might open the floodgates to other racist scholarships.

The MOBO awards has been fully discussed in the past. (But it does not prevent RWR from raising old debunked arguments time and time again).

Do you remember George Michael winning an American Black Music award ahead of Bobby Brown and a few others. The were a few who where not happy about it.
Hence why he wrote Without Prejudice.

Sponsored Links
Back