Taking Direct Action To Protect Your Cash When Inflation Is Massive

Reaction score
Country
Palau
Not gambled in direct stocks/shares for years, IE a couple of years before we left work.

Don't want to buy another property because of the sky-high prices, tax changes atm and possible and returns being nothing better than 3% if
that and the risk of repairs, bad T's and property prices fall/stagnate. Also not prepared to tie in the cash for ten years or more.

Considered classic cars (max price 30/40k but they are like properties in London/etc sky-high prices and could fall/crash anytime soon. However, there
maybe an opportunity if that happens but not aTM. Prices are massive and will crash.

We have max holding in PB's those can be in our account quickly. We have other cash in banks/etc all on varying rates.

One of our children told me about gambling on the ordinary mans expensive watches, EG Rolex etc but he said their prices were reaching new highs when he told me. The risk is they too may crash and it is soo difficult to tell the difference between a fake or not, so this is not an option

Thought about buying more gold to speculate, but i think its peaked-sih

Considered oil/gas futures but too risk and they too have peaked.

Considered garage/parking species but they too have peaked or stagnated imo.

It is easier to take a risk on something I know about eG property/cars but atm not for us as mentioned above.

One of our children - not sure if it was the playstations but a new model came out and one of them is into those and lucky to have place pre-orders a long while back and got 6 and more than double his money and I've just looked they are diff to get hold of still but profits not as great.

We have considered locking half of our cash for 12 months at 2-5% last time i looked but dont want to do that

The money sitting in the bank and pb's is being devalued

Have you got cash, substantial cash and considering a move or sitting on your hands like me atm

Yes, there are financial forums but IMO this is a better place as most of you guys are like us IE have a property at least paid off and often more than one property, left work early and have cash in the bank, large ish amount as per the average man on the street that has worked hard and saved and invested well.

Thanks

ps - if/when stock markets do crash and a proper crash, may gamble in well-established stock possibly supermarkets, diy sector but to make quick profits and hopefully not hold for more than a few days as when markets crash you do get dead cat bounces.

Sponsored Links
Think about what you are saying - You want to make gains without taking on any risk.

Think about what you are saying - You want to make gains without taking on any risk.

Now you said it, I see your point,

We took risks in property and shares but that was when the prices were crashing.
We were certain we may not have bought at the bottom but it a long way from peaks and with property, in a nice ish area
almost anyhwere in the uk you can make money via rent and increase in prices and if prices do not go up you still got decent income compared to savings. However, the risk as we saw it was almost zero. Now with new taxes etc, atm its not worth the risk

Again, i see your point so possibly just sit on our hands and wait for the crash of everything then buy/sell.

Sponsored Links
I notice that you are interested in gambling on the stock exchange, but not interested in investing.

I see you are attracted to bright shiny things like flash cars, gold and watches, and fashionable tips like parking spaces.

You are a mug punter.

Apparently there will be a dip in property prices soon.

Go to Auction, buy a plot of land, fence it off and sit on it.

You could buy gold and silver, although the price of that is doing strange things at the moment, too much paper gold and silver. as opposed to physical (real) metal.

We already have a x3, 30g 24ct ingots bought years ago and there for a rainy day and dont intend to sell them. As per my OP, IMO the price is peak-ish right now so not worth it, thanks.

Apparently there will be a dip in property prices soon.

Go to Auction, buy a plot of land, fence it off and sit on it.

The "soon" bit is anyone's guess as around 2009 when we bought a couple of properties almost at the bottom but not quite and then we bought another two in 2010 once prices bounced a bit but were coming back down. People were desperate to sell and both of the ones we bought in 2010 has T's in them and we were ready to buy within days and no surveys etc,etc which was appealing to the sellers..

We don't do leverage etc as I've seen one of my family lose almost everything very early 1990's before 94 I think. The family member bought new trucks about 30 of them and was heaviliy into the property as well and then sometime around those years interest rates shot up and they lost everything as business slowed rates up etc etc. They even lost their home. Thet restarted by borrowing money from the family inc me and bought two trucks that had been in crashes and repaired them so cost was less than half of a ready to go truck and since then reality their business and doing very well but do not take the bigger risks now.

The extra tax on 2nd property onwards is not helpful, nor are the ever-increasing rights of T's etc and the ruddy councils bringing in new schemes to make more of LL's. So another property is out of the question as we do not want to borrow even half the money.

I have considered starting up a Handyman service by employing one/two handymen but the risk of that is once they've been going for a couple of months they start up on their own. There is masses of money to be made out of that.

Most likley sit on my hands until we get a stock market crash and quick in and outs with bits of topping up shares to averge down the price so when share price rises just sell the lot if there is a profit.

We already have a x3, 30g 24ct ingots bought years ago and there for a rainy day and dont intend to sell them. As per my OP, IMO the price is peak-ish right now so not worth it, thanks.

so you won't sell when the price is high, eh?

mug punter.

that and the risk of repairs, bad T's
nor are the ever-increasing rights of T's
In one of your other posts, you were saying that you and your husband were only in the LL game to help out the poor? Now you'rec complaining about tenants and their rights!

Again, get your stories straight before posting.

The Guradian is my most trusted news source as far as it goes.
However, in the story in the link below, I did not expect those selling property to say any different.

I'm quietly confident prices will go low, not crash as in the past as the gove is busy printing money (quantitive easing, lol) and inflation.

Its a no brainer, mortgage rates going up by several per cent and cost of living shooting up, something has to give.

sit on it . interest will be at 15% within the next 2 years.

Sponsored Links
Back