Tax cuts for the rich, hurrah!

Which energy companies are state run?
Do we have deregulated healthcare? Do private clinics compete with state run hospitals? Can I choose to opt out of the NHS and just have private healthcare?

I'm generally interested in how it will work? They could do horizontal nationalisation, but I don't think that is their proposal. btw the 5 point plan is on their website. do you need me to give you the URL?

Sponsored Links
Some of our electricity companies are already government owned. Do you object to that?
Some elements of rail are privatised. Power no idea. That appears to be gov will help by guaranteeing your loan. Maybe chuck some money in eg Boris and £700m for a nuke station. Probably covers the cost of going through the process of "sorting the intent out". No the station itself.I Iposted a link to one that may crop up 30% EDF, 70% a Chinese company owned.

ForgeMasters and Porton Down are emmmm interesting,

Some elements of rail are privatised.

and many Railway companies are governent owned, to the benefit of taxpayers who gain by the profits.

not the British taxpayer, obviously.

Sponsored Links
Which energy companies are state run?

Who do you think owns EDF?

Also

"Common Wealth's report added that in 2021 alone, £2.5bn of energy bills paid by UK consumers went to foreign state-owned entities."

So nobody understands how it will work in the UK (which has a different regulatory framework to France)?

Labour’s mooted new public-owned energy company will not be a supplier, the shadow secretary of state for business has told Utility Week. Jonathan Reynolds stressed that Great British Energy would be "about the management of the investments, which we believe are essential to unlock these markets and opportunities".

Sounds like more tax payers money being spent to oversea foreign state owned power company investment? Or simply another public sector quango to oversea oversight?

Again, I ask : how can Sir K set up a national energy company under the current UK deregulated energy model? What will the benefit be and why is it needed?

Sounds like more public appeasing b***s** from a party who will say anything to win votes.

Sounds like more tax payers money being spent to oversea foreign state owned power company investment

oh so you mean like Tory neo liberal policy.

how’s Hinckley point C doing - the EDF constructed power station with Chinese finance

So nobody knows how it will work.
Nobody can say what it will do.
and Nobody can say why its needed.

I may have worked in the private sector too long, but when we don't know how it works, why its needed or what it will do, typically it does't get very far. But I'm sure the Labour Party - if they get in, will spend a lot of money learning that.

So nobody understands how it will work in the UK (which has a different regulatory framework to France)?

How can we have a state owned power company in a deregulated Energy market?

You mean, because France has a government-controlled public utility company owned by the French state?

And Britain has a government-controlled utility company owned by the French state?

I don't know why you only approve of public ownership when it is a foreign government

You mean, because France has a government-controlled public utility company owned by the French state?

And Britain has a government-controlled utility company owned by the French state?

I don't know why you only approve of public ownership when it is a foreign government
I don't approve or disapprove. I like the idea of a new national energy company where prices will be lower and profits kept by the British tax payer, rather than share holders.

Is this what we are getting? If so, how will it work in our deregulated energy market? and what is it, if according to Labour it's not going to be an energy supplier.

Sponsored Links
Back