That doctor in the covid ward on the news last night.

I can explain. It says people who presented to emergency care. It doesn’t say people who presented to emergency care WITH COVID COMPLICATIONS.
So basically wholly irrelevant.
No it clearly states Covid19 cases presented to hospital care. I read that as the sole cause for hospitalisation due to Covid19.

Sponsored Links
No it clearly states Covid19 cases presented to hospital care. I read that as the sole cause for hospitalisation due to Covid19.
I didn’t. I’m a tad more sceptical.

Thanks for that link. (y)
"Effectiveness against hospitalisation
Several studies have estimated vaccine effectiveness against hospitalisation in older ages, all of which indicate higher levels of protection against hospitalisation with all vaccines against the Alpha and Delta variants".
NO PROBLEM I THOUGHT I WOULD HELP CLEAR UP THE DOCTORS LIES OR SELECTIVE POINTING OUT

Sponsored Links
Did anyone else see it? He was walking round the ward pointing out patient's saying "unvaccinated, unvaccinated, unvaccinated, unvaccinated, unvaccinated, unvaccinated......". They were nearly all unvaccinated. Coincidence or what?
And can you give us a link to the news bulletin or programme or just tell us what it was on ?

Yes, and the 60+ are the highest risk groups anyway, and would naturally suffer the higher mortality rate. And as they are more likely to be vaccinated, it stands to reason that those dying in that group are more likely to be vaccinated.

NO PROBLEM I THOUGHT I WOULD HELP CLEAR UP THE DOCTORS LIES OR SELECTIVE POINTING OUT
Why would they do that? According to some on here there's 70,000 unvaccinated front line workers planning to leave the NHS rather than get jabbed.

Yes, and the 60+ are the highest risk groups anyway, and would naturally suffer the higher mortality rate. And as they are more likely to be vaccinated, it stands to reason that those dying in that group are more likely to be vaccinated.
Ok makes sense i see now thanks. So actually they really should present this data as some sort of population percentage. Otherwise it will look unintentionally skewed.

Percentage of non/vaccinated adults presenting to emergency care in age group much better. Is there a table there illustrating that data?

Ok makes sense i see now thanks. So actually they really should present this data as some sort of population percentage. Otherwise it will look unintentionally skewed.

Percentage of non/vaccinated adults presenting to emergency care in age group much better. Is there a table there illustrating that data?
It's raw data, open to interpretation, as you think fit. As you point out, accompanying data helps to 'interpret' the data more appropriately.
Whether there is any accompanying tables or data, I've no idea. I just applied logic to the data.

Why would they do that? According to some on here there's 70,000 unvaccinated front line workers planning to leave the NHS rather than get jabbed.
The hospital in question has a whole 6 covid patients in icu

This doesn't look like 3 jabs is good unless i have read this wrong, i am no statistical expert but for 50 59 onwards third dose patients are higher than unvaccinated, can someone explain?

View attachment 258680
the key is in the small print at the bottom:

In the context of very high vaccine coverage in the population, even with a highly effective vaccine, it is expected that a large proportion of cases, hospitalisations and deaths would occur in vaccinated individuals, simply because a larger proportion of the population are vaccinated than unvaccinated and no vaccine is 100% effective. This is especially true because vaccination has been prioritised in individuals who are more susceptible or more at risk of severe disease. Individuals in risk groups may also be more at risk of hospitalisation or death due to non-COVID-19 causes, and thus may be hospitalised or die with COVID-19 rather than because of COVID-19.

it shows that the doctor would be more likely to be pointing out vaxxed than unvaxxed what bit of that are you struggling with ?
WRONG

read the small print included in the table:

In the context of very high vaccine coverage in the population, even with a highly effective vaccine, it is expected that a large proportion of cases, hospitalisations and deaths would occur in vaccinated individuals, simply because a larger proportion of the population are vaccinated than unvaccinated and no vaccine is 100% effective. This is especially true because vaccination has been prioritised in individuals who are more susceptible or more at risk of severe disease. Individuals in risk groups may also be more at risk of hospitalisation or death due to non-COVID-19 causes, and thus may be hospitalised or die with COVID-19 rather than because of COVID-19.

it shows that the doctor would be more likely to be pointing out vaxxed than unvaxxed what bit of that are you struggling with ?
no it doesnt

your table doesnt state those people were hospitalised because of covid

you might be surprised that older people are more likely to go to hospital
and older people have very high vaccination rates

all you are doing is proving your utter inability to interpret data

Sponsored Links
Back