The BBC needs to explain its way out of this one.

Well if you believe both remarks were 'incitement to violence', then why should one get away with no sanction but not the other?

Oh that's right - politicians can say what the f cuk they like without any come back!

That's what the ballot box is for.

Sponsored Links
It's different than Baker. The BBC decided he should not work for them again because of what he said/tweeted.

Unless the programme goes out live then the BBC chose to air what Brand said, so I don't see why it is being asked whether they should sack her.
Perhaps the person who decided to broadcast it should be sacked.

If it was illegal, then it's up to the police to prosecute both Brand and/or the BBC.

But if we go down that route, then Garbage should also be finished!

As I said before, it would be hypocritical to treat their remarks differently!

Well I suppose the difference is. Your choice to vote Brexit party or not.
And its his party

If I want to watch TV I have to pay a TV licence to fund the BBC.
And if they sack Danny Baker, then......

Sponsored Links
They don't ask her to do any more programmes. The same as Baker. Simples.

However, as I said above, unlike Baker, they chose to broadcast it.

Well I suppose the difference is. Your choice to vote Brexit party or not.
And its his party
No, the point is that if he wants her investigated for 'incitement to violence' then so should he...

Or do you believe that politicians can get away with saying things that the rest of us can't?

I feel the comment about battery acid must be set in the context of current circumstances:

The milkshake incidents raised concerns that they could easily be acid attacks -which have become common in recent years.

Politicians face much higher levels of aggression -Anna Soubry for example. And Jo Cox of course.

Its true the supposed joke is an example of freedom of speech, but it is itself inciting violence towards politicians which stops them having freedom of speech.

It wasnt aired live so the BBC made an error of judgement.

Apparently the radio 4 programme is a bunch of Leftie anti Brexit luvvies :ROFLMAO:

I think the comparison between the Danny Baker comments and Jo Brands is yet another demonstration of the BBC's obvious bias. They were soon up in arms when their obvious and deep Liberal Lefty stance was compromised by Baker. But then a vile attack against a brexiteer and they just want to laugh it out as being humour.

I'm not that bothered by either Baker or Brands comments, but I am pretty outraged by the Biased Broadcasting Corporations stance.

but I am pretty outraged by the Biased Broadcasting Corporations stance.
Well since you have made it pretty clear how you view the BBC, maybe you could answer this simple question...

Which media outlet would you suggest we access in order to get an unbiased view of UK/World events?

What difference does that difference make?
Well if you don't already understand the difference there's no point explaining further :rolleyes:

But maybe you could you tell us why Jeremy Kyle was axed after one suicide, but Love Island is still going after two suicides?

Sponsored Links
Back