The right to have multiple children

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, evolution does suggest genetics, but at least in the short term upbringing is definitely much more relevant.

I'd say it's likely that genetics is a factor though. I don't see the harm in acknowledging this, otherwise we're just denying reality for the sake of sensitivity.

Hitler used genetic purity as part of his justification. He was also a vegetarian. By your logic, anyone discussing not eating meat could be implied to be a nazi too, i.e. your heavily implied suggestion is nonsense.

Sponsored Links
A poor restatement of my post and Godwin's law for fun.

I'm fully aware of the theory.

I've re-read your guff about "treading carefully", in fact here it is...

There is a lot of very unpleasant history, including in the UK, where the government has decided who can breed and who can't. Treading carefully is important.

I saw this as an attempt at stifling debate, by making a hint that anyone daring to suggest such a thing was basically a nazi. I can't see any other way in which it could be interpreted.

If you weren't suggesting this then please explain the motivation of your post.

If you have a population where everyone is exceedingly bright due to selective breeding, who is gonna empty the bins, work 12 hr shifts for minimum wage, wipe bottoms in Nursing homes, work in Wetherspoons, ect. ect.
If you employed people in any of those fields you'd realise that graduates are already often doing that!
Boy, am I glad I didn’t go for one of those useless f'king university degrees! That just about sums up the worth of a degree, doesn’t it? :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
If you have a population where everyone is exceedingly bright due to selective breeding, who is gonna empty the bins, work 12 hr shifts for minimum wage, wipe bottoms in Nursing homes, work in Wetherspoons, ect. ect.

Don't equate high intelligence with achievement.

Perhaps the cleverest kid in my school achieved very little in his life - he's early fifties now - due to crippling shyness and lack of confidence.
Mostly, flipping burgers and nightwatchman-type stuff.

Intelligence does not equate to people skills either, so can often rule out management-type roles (where it seems to be, IME, easier to command a higher salary, all other things being equal).

Also, with the coming of AI (and the existence of "knowledge" on a mobile 'phone), being traditionally-educated and traditionally "clever" is not going to be the advantage it has been, for hundreds of years. It is going to be the "soft" and person skills that will be more valued, IMHO.

I'm absolutely certain that there is a general correlation between intelligence and achievement.

Obviously there are exceptions either way, but the trend is obvious.

People skills are likely to originate with good parents spending time with their kids and arranging social events for them.

AI is useful but massively over-hyped at the moment. It's never going to replace human intelligence.

What is the definition of intelligence?

Intelligence can be defined as the ability to solve complex problems or make decisions with outcomes benefiting the actor, and has evolved in lifeforms to adapt to diverse environments for their survival and reproduction.

The above pretty much sums it up.

Academic success is a narrow definition of intelligence.
You have people who can't read or write but manage to build multi million pound businesses.
I read that the most successful form of life is a single cell Amoeba, which has been around since life first began on earth.

You have people who can't read or write but manage to build multi million pound businesses.
They're the exceptions. Good education generally leads to higher income.

I don't think education actually harms people. Although one boss I had said that you start swapping common sense for qualifications when you go to uni, you reach a balanced peak with a degree but start losing too much common sense if you carry on to a master's degree or doctorate. Joking but there's something in it.

Boy, am I glad I didn’t go for one of those useless f'king university degrees! That just about sums up the worth of a degree, doesn’t it? :ROFLMAO:
I do believe you actually said you were too thick to go to university, and back in your day only roughly 10% attended...

Even though only B's and C's were required :rolleyes:

That said there are too many occupations nowadays that require a degree unnecessarily...

But education is a business in the UK, and the masses must incur unpayable debt before they even get started!

I do believe you actually said you were too thick to go to university...
Yes, I did, in response to your stupid question. Are you that thick that you didn't get the irony in my reply?

IMG_5007.jpeg

BTW, the 'academic' chucked a sickie when I was called in and later resigned. Many students had to retake their assessments.

:unsure: Hmm. An 'academic' that chooses to cut and run rather than face difficult questions. Now where have I seen that before…….?

Last edited:
we just need to humanely dispose of the oldies!
Perhaps by using engineered viruses that target particular sections of population like frail, gay etc, that can "accidentally" become *ndemics and be put down as "acts of god". It's not humane per se but it sidesteps the need to establish a human authority over who lives and who dies

Yes, I did, in response to your stupid question. Are you that thick that you didn't get the irony in my reply?

View attachment 304875

BTW, the 'academic' chucked a sickie when I was called in and later resigned. Many students had to retake their assessments.

:unsure: Hmm. An 'academic' that chooses to cut and run rather than face difficult questions. Now where have I seen that before…….?
It's about time you two got a room and did whatever you need to do with each other, instead of this endless Gold Blend romance you're both having across every thread...

It's about time you two got a room and did whatever you need to do with each other, instead of this endless Gold Blend romance you're both having across every thread...
Well, Ellal got as far as suggesting a meet up between us where he said I'd "Píss my pants" so I asked him for a location and how I would recognise him when I got there and ………. nothing! Asked several times but he doesn’t seem so keen on the idea now.

Well, Ellal got as far as suggesting a meet up between us where he said I'd "Píss my pants" so I asked him for a location and how I would recognise him when I got there and ………. nothing! Asked several times but he doesn’t seem so keen on the idea now.
Sounds like flirting to me. Treated you mean, kept you keen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back