They need us more than we need them......

Of course there is a border, there are differing VAT rates amongst other things.

Brexit means a hard border.

Why should Ireland be inconvenienced by facilitating an English Brexit.

The fault of Brexit not EU.

Stop moaning about it being the EUs fault and take sone personal responsibility.
The EU seems determined to cause serious trouble in Ireland north and south.
Their demand that N.I. should stay in the backstop for ever with the residents of N.I. having no say in its operation is fundamentally undemocratic.
The future of N.I. would be determined by countries like Romania, Poland and the rest, the UK government would lose control over part of its own territory.

Sponsored Links
Of course there is a border, there are differing VAT rates amongst other things.

Brexit means a hard border.

Why should Ireland be inconvenienced by facilitating an English Brexit.

The fault of Brexit not EU.

Stop moaning about it being the EUs fault and take sone personal responsibility.
The EU seems determined to cause serious trouble in Ireland north and south.
Their demand that N.I. should stay in the backstop for ever with the residents of N.I. having no say in its operation is fundamentally undemocratic.
The future of N.I. would be determined by countries like Romania, Poland and the rest, the UK government would lose control over part of its own territory.

Sooner or later there will of course be a General Election.

However, Boris does not have the power or the right to call it at a date most convenient to himself. Nor do Brexers have the right or the power to call it at a date of their choosing.

It will be held at a date to be agreed by Parliament.

Remember back in 2016, when people said they wanted to "take back control" and "make Parliament Supreme?" Well it is. And there was no need to resign from the EU to make it so.
This Parliament no longer represents the electorate and as such it is illegitimate.

EENCnxOWwAIWYrx.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Wrong.

The Brexers seem determined to cause serious trouble in Ireland north and south.
You seem to agree that countries like Lithuania should decide whether N.I. can leave the EU rather than the people who live there.

This Parliament no longer represents the electorate and as such it is illegitimate

17.1 million people were persuaded to vote for a brexit that is not deliverable ....not much democracy there, just lies.

since people have gained more information, less want to leave, the polls show that.

so according to you the democratic solution is that we should remain

You seem to agree that countries like Lithuania should decide whether N.I. can leave the EU rather than the people who live there.
the people of ireland dont want to leave the EU.

The EU seems determined to cause serious trouble in Ireland north and south

it is doing the opposite.

what serious trouble was brewing before the 2016 referendum?
A = none.

So Brexit has brought on these potential problems.
The EU is supporting Ireland by arguing there should not be a hard border.
The EU supports its small nations, including Ireland.

my understanding is that the GFA would not have happened without the EU.

my understanding is that the GFA would not have happened without the EU.
Funnily enough, my understanding was that the UK and Ireland were the driving forces behind the good friday agreement with some encouragement from the USA.

The EU may now be claiming that they are the sole defender of it when in reality its all about leverage to to try and force us into accepting a punitive deal.

Funnily enough, my understanding was that the UK and Ireland were the driving forces behind the good friday agreement with some encouragement from the USA.

The EU may now be claiming that they are the sole defender of it when in reality its all about leverage to to try and force us into accepting a punitive deal.

So you have two options - a punitive deal or the deal you currently have which is better than the punitive deal.

So unless you are a toddler why would you pick the punitive deal?

So you have two options - a punitive deal or the deal you currently have which is better than the punitive deal.

So unless you are a toddler why would you pick the punitive deal?
I wouldn't chose either of your options because they are both bad. I would chose option 3, ie no deal.

The whole leaving the EU thing has become so acrimonious that its like a unpleasant divorce. Its gone way past the point where reconciliation (ie remain) is an option and the punitive deal is exactly that. That leaves no deal because we need to move forward and i do subscribe to the message on which our current government won the last election. No deal is better than a bad deal.

The surrender bills kicks the cans down the road for another 3 months is like telling an unhappy married couple that they must live together for another 3 months and even after that they may have to stay together indefinitely.

Sponsored Links
Back