Tories Take another Step to the Left

Moan, moan, moan. Instead of criticising the government for taking away a franchise that wasn’t supplying an acceptable service for commuters, let’s hear from each of you what you think should happen. I take it you do all have your own ideas of how this can be solved? Well, let’s hear 'em.

Of course - nationalise all railways. Bloody obvious.

Sponsored Links
God sake i saw this on FB tonight too as i follow tuckered on there. I roll my eyes as some peoples mindset....

Get this, i voted tories but i also fully support renationalising all our services. The problem being like BT they are so wrapped up in private co's and ownership its gonna cost a fck load to buy it all back.

If we recollect at the height of desperate times in the last elections Corbyn was intending to renationalise the whole of our Network infra and give us free internet, a great idea, fully support it apart from the Free internet bit and the costs.

If the Tories are trying this on the Northern line as a pilot project for potential others.. why the fck not?

If ANY party comes up with a great idea which does benefit the public why the fck not? Personally i see it as a strength, be far weaker to just say no we oppose it as it was an idea of the opposition.

Labour do have some good ideas, but were outwayed by some truly fcked up idiot stuff, that's why the majority of the public DIDNT vote for them.

Grow up people, stop all the ner ner ****.

Well, you’re all very good at saying why you think it’s all gone wrong but none of you can say what you think should be done now. Not what has or has not been done in the past. No? Ok. Carry on moaning. :rolleyes:
Exactly thanks Mottie, **** sake seems they just sit here looking for the negatives, just like the mindset of the opposition party. Everyone in the house should have something to contribute on how we run our country and be listened to or they shouldn't be there, our government included.

I get the hatred in some ways for the Tories ive mentioned my absolute dislike for some of their motives but not everything they do, i can't believe everything they ever do is wrong? The only people that seem to think that are Labour front benchers and the back seat brigade on here.

Sponsored Links
Because anti Tory voters and remoaners relish in the thought of the UK failing, anything seen as a bonus to the UK as a whole will be derided by them.
Absolutely right what's up with them, what's their mindset are they immigrants, victims of 'rife british racism' or bitter in someway segregated members of society? I don't know.

Get this, i voted tories but i also fully support renationalising all our services. The problem being like BT they are so wrapped up in private co's and ownership its gonna cost a fck load to buy it all back.
Why?

The railways are only franchised. When the franchises run out, don't give them to anyone else.

Company's former so-called profits, paid for by subsidies, saved at a stroke.

Typical non-answer from someone who wasn’t even asked a question.
Ive given you the answer.

And its correct.

What part of the answer is incorrect, other than you cant accept the truth

I. Don't live there neither do I use the trains

So Tbh Transam gives not a jot :LOL:

Go on the train u end up with some contagious ailment ;)

Robbed ;)

Assaulted ;)

And ripped off ;)

If the Tories are trying this on the Northern line as a pilot project for potential others.. why the fck not?
It has been repeatedly tried on the East Coast line already...

Each time it was in public hands the service improved and became a positive contributor to the treasury...

But tory ideology is that public = bad, private = good...

Thus they always return it to their mates and that inevitably turns out to be a drain on public funds whilst filling private pockets!

I understand nothing at all - that’s why I’m asking. What do you think should have happened. Not 'why has it happened' it has, so what's next and try to leave Brexit out of it.

First what happened.

BR was privatised into
25 train operators
3 rolling stock leasing companies
6 freight operators
7 Infrastructire maintenance units
6 track renewal units
Railtrack owned all track, signalling and stations
2492 stations leased to the train operators
17 stations managed by Railtrack

So tell me where is the competition? You bid for a service and win it and then there is no competition. Supermarkets offering goods everyday are competiting everyday, once these companies won a contract they did not face compeition until they had to rebid at renewal time and by that time the incumbant has gained an advantage of knowing what the conditions are and any entrant lacks this information.

Just because they split BR up and people bid for the services -were they competing against each other for routes? Can I have a train operator from Leeds to London decide tomorrow I will run a service from Manchester instead?

What has transpired is what everyone said would- any profits have been offshored.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...or-rolling-stocks-fat-controllers-0cxhw2q06n5

As to the link with Brexit, there were many free market evangelists crowing about how privatisation would unleash the value and make the UK national rail service the envy of the world. It seems you can sell the same lies to people over and over again.

It has been repeatedly tried on the East Coast line already...

Each time it was in public hands the service improved and became a positive contributor to the treasury...

But tory ideology is that public = bad, private = good...

Thus they always return it to their mates and that inevitably turns out to be a drain on public funds whilst filling private pockets!

We shall see, i reckon this is a good idea, don't care if it is Labour who suggested it, it's a good idea, they should all work together and pick out the good suggestions ahhh!

I don't see this reversing any time, there is and has been a heightened focus on party action in todays media circus.

Sponsored Links
Back