UK PM Theresa May announces plan to call snap general election on 8 June

Not at all Nosey, no need to start another thread about lying politicians from all parties. You point out that May has lied. I merely pointed out that Labour lied.
Oh, I see. The old two wrongs make a right. Gotcha.

You have to admit, hers is a real stinker though given the circumstances.

PS , please learn the difference between effects and affects .
I do know the difference but my phone spill chucker does not. I must remember to wear my reading glasses and you can be sure I will be just as grammatically diligent as you in the future.(y)

https://www.diynot.com/diy/search/11756529/?q=affect&o=relevance&c[user][0]=28558

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
what are the latest odds?
Even the polls (asking people) have been wrong lately so, as the odds would only be dependent on the number of bets placed, and the bookmakers adjusting those odds in order that they do not lose money, they are irrelevant.

Even the polls (asking people) have been wrong lately so, as the odds would only be dependent on the number of bets placed, and the bookmakers adjusting those odds in order that they do not lose money, they are irrelevant.
Change the word "odds" to "likelihood".

Sponsored Links
What are the odds of lib dems holding the balance of power and forming a coalition with labour or conservatives and then pushing for a referendum on the brexit package ?
Here's hoping.(y)(y)

Hip Hip Hor! Oh s**t just read the Buffoon Boris is in line to take over from May,:eek: ah well, you win some you lose some, yes I know that the so called coalition is with the DUP.
Only consolation is that neither Torys or Labour will be able to push through their extreme policies

But the DUP are now in a position to either frustrate the power sharing process in NI, or to leverage some other advantage from Westminster.
I think either outcome will not bode well for NI (or even Irish) politics, especially given the SF gains.

Sinn Fein are irrelevant in Westminster, since they do not take up any seats they might win.

You might as well vote for Lord Lucan.

Last edited:
The DUP are a pro Brexit party and take a strong line on law and order especially terrorism ,so Theresa May can rely on the DUP to get Brexit through and support for stronger anti terrorism legislation.
If you look at the profile of the DUP's supporters you will see that on social issues like welfare and the NHS they are anti austerity so Theresa can't rely on their support on every issue.

The best part of the election is that it makes Tony Blair look like the complete knob/tosser that he is and that can only be a good thing.

I'm not busy next Thursday, so if TM fancies calling another snap election, I should be able to make it to the polling station (y)

Sinn Fein are irrelevant in Westminster, since they do not take up any seats they might win.

You might as well vote for Lord Lucan.
I appreciate that, John, but I was thinking more along the lines that DUP will have an improved 'channel of communication' with Westminster in any resolution, or failure of, the power sharing agreement.
The current Secretary for NI, who will be making important decisions in the event of a failure of the power sharing agreement, is, after all, a Tory.
SF are in the ascendancy, perhaps because of their anti-Brexit, and unification stances. So the NI politics look to becoming as divisive as rUK.

I'm not busy next Thursday, so if TM fancies calling another snap election, I should be able to make it to the polling station (y)
I think I heard the next one will be October.

Buffoon Boris still wants a go.

Sponsored Links
Back