Using the core drill to fit flue but have hit a problem. PIC

Yes it looks butterfly shaped, or fish tailed.

My core drill has "teeth" every 90deg. These sort of catch on the metal and jerk the whole drill. I shall try the low pressure method.

Cheers for all the help guys.

Unless you are using a diamond drill don't try and cut through, all you'll do is bugger the cutter up.

Sponsored Links
3 Pages on drilling a hole good job it was not something complicated such as puttin a screw in :LOL:

Haha yeah all done now guys.

Turned out it was a fish tail tie which braced the cavity in the wall. As I drilled further it cam loose and I could completely pull it out.

Now to fit the flue and pipes to the boiler.

take the guide bar out of the core drill and carry on drilling it will then drill straight through and the wall tie will be in the cored brick you remove.

you type quicker LOL :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Blimey, so it has.
How long will the thread be that deals with:
What kind of rads.
What brand.
What size.
Where to put them.
How to balance them.
What roomstat.
Where to put it.
Which trv's.
How to set them.
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

Just an observation, can you get access to visually inspect the flue over its full length after its fitted ? joints etc

I take the view that it only needs to be accessible at the joints as long as the intermediate lengths can be viewed.

Who thinks it needs to be totally accessable?

Tony

I take the view that it only needs to be accessible at the joints as long as the intermediate lengths can be viewed.

Who thinks it needs to be totally accessable?

Tony

CC Tony :rolleyes:

Blimey, so it has.
How long will the thread be that deals with:
What kind of rads.
What brand.
What size.
Where to put them.
How to balance them.
What roomstat.
Where to put it.
Which trv's.
How to set them.
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

For the benefit of Mr Cynical I have already successfully:
Calculated the BTU requirements of each room,
Fitted all central heating pipework
Fitted all rads and TRVs
and pressure tested the system.

And all this in a house which had no prior central heating and has concrete floors which I chased out for the pipes. Have had 2 plumbers who came round to give quotes for boilers who saw my handy work and were very impressed.

The same for the bathroom which I completely refitted, including moving locations of bath, basin and toilet. Also just finishing off the fitted kitchen; it's amazing what you can acheive from books, advice from mates in the trade and sites like this (most of time).

I got the same reception in the electrics forum on this site when I told them I was doing my own complete rewire. Half the people took the **** knowing nothing about my ability, saying I couldn't/shouldn't do it; I'm half tempted to post them my recently aquired test certificate.

Oh and I forgot landscaping the garden with 5ft retaining walls, and building a waste vegetable oil refinery in the shed that now provides my twin fuel tanked Peugeot, allowing it to run on 100% waste oil, that I get for free.

This has all been done in the 6 months I have owned the place while I also work full time hours. So less of the patronising please.

Just an observation, can you get access to visually inspect the flue over its full length after its fitted ? joints etc

Yes. There is only one 1m extension in there. This join is easily accessible with the under-stairs cupboard.

Eddie. THat all sounds quite impressive and i am not one for saying people should not do stuff .
But after doing all that how the fek could you not recognise something as simple as a wall tie.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back