Vegetarian Sausages

Don't like the texture, but each to their own.

SWMBO used to be a veggie and used Quorn a lot and I now prefer it to some "proper" mince that is of dubious quality. Even when you are buying Aberdeen Angus mince you never are quite sure which bits they are mincing up (lips and ar**holes probably :eek: )

I can remember when the BSE scare was on and a company announced that they were stopping the practice of using the spinal cord in their burgers :eek:

Veggie christmas dinner, my Mrs used to get a cashew nut wellington from some local veggie deli, it was really nice. she would eat most of it and I would have a couple of slices with my (meat based) dinner.

Sponsored Links
Asked my son what he thought about vegetarian sausages and his reply was that you would have to be a cannibal to eat them!

Sponsored Links
the missus has that quorn stuff, i've tried the burgers, mince and veggie sausages, some of the worst food i've eaten for years, absolutely disgusting rubbish. from the taste of the burgers i assume they are made of cardboard that has been rubbed on a factory floor, put in a big full of week old food waste for an hour to soak up the manky juices, then packaged up and sold in the shops. luckily i only tried a bit of them so when i tasted how horrible they were i could go back to eating a nice bit of dead animal that i had on my plate (no i don't give a toss what they grind up and put in sausages, they taste nice) :)

... rubbed on a factory floor, put in a big full of week old food waste for an hour to soak up the manky juices, then packaged up and sold...

That reminds me.

Someone I used to work with told me that he had once helped out at a butchers for a short spell. Hacking up dead animals didn't bother him in the least, but he stopped eating sausages.

I worked in a pork pie factory once, took me about 10 years to eat one again.

I've never really understood the whole veggie thing, I understand why people don't want to eat meat but why do the manufacturers of Quorn try to make their products look and taste like meat ? Doesn't that defeat the object of the exercise :confused:
No alcohol beer, same thing :confused:
Heres another one, lesbian couples, two women who don't like the company of men, don't want to sleep with men as they prefer women, why does one try to look like a bloke then :confused:
Lesbians don't like Sausage! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Regarding 'Pork' Sausage, just for your info, my brother In-law is a Butcher and my pal is a Meat Supplier (mainly Pigs). ALL of the sausage that these guys produce comes from the cheek of the pig. I have actually cut pig cheek off for sausage (I went in to help my pal out one time). Butchers etc add their own ingredients to a sausage mix such as cereals, herbs etc. The sausage produced by my brother in-law is excellent.

i hate cruelty to animals of any description!!!!......yet i am a hypocritical meateater..... (soya).....
is that not a meat substitute.

have plenty of pals who are veggie, god it tastes like c..p!
And it does not keep us going with the calories or energy which we need to keep us going through a typical day in the construction industry.

is our genetic , physiological makeup not designed to rely on the consumption of meat to sustain us?

Sponsored Links
Back