Visa and Mastercard Brexit Bonus

You’re assuming he spends all his income in the EU from the U.K. and pays by visa/MasterCard.

I dont buy anything from the EU for personal stuff, it's never any cheaper and they don't offer anything I cannot obtain in the UK.

However should I go to Europe for a holiday that's when it will cost, but I'm sure I can circumvent that by taking cash with me. Though I would then have the worry of losing my holiday money.

For work what we purchase from the EU is all paid by Bacs so again not a worry for us.

Sponsored Links
Will you argue the same when companies reintroduce high phone roaming charges?

When have you ever called anyone in the EU?

Why would we want to make calls to the EU, we have everything we need here in blighty.

You cannot put a price on the cost of sovereignty.

Nothing beats holidays in Blackpool.

:whistle:

Will you argue the same when companies reintroduce high phone roaming charges?
No. Because that won’t happen as long as there’s competition. Worse case scenario - leave the fking phone at home - you’re on holiday, remember? Really worse case scenario - use free Wifi to make all your calls!

Plus - using phone when on holiday. Would never do that.

Edit - too late - of course, leave it at home. Silly me.

Sponsored Links
When have you ever called anyone in the EU?

Why would we want to make calls to the EU, we have everything we need here in blighty.

You cannot put a price on the cost of sovereignty.

Nothing beats holidays in Blackpool.

:whistle:

Again I think it will affect most people who holiday.

It will likely go back to how we were previously when it was cheaper just to buy a new local SIM card when you went in holiday.

Last edited:
What is it with these non charitable businesses making money. It’s a bloody disgrace! :rolleyes:
It is to be expected that businesses make money, but the margins involved are very steep.

As an example, are you saying those grossly sub-standard food parcels were perfectly fine because the company has to make a profit?

It is to be expected that businesses make money, but the margins involved are very steep.

As an example, are you saying those grossly sub-standard food parcels were perfectly fine because the company has to make a profit?
I think he must be bladdered. He recently suggested leaving your phone at home before travelling abroad.

You know, the one that pays for the taxi there, the same phone that has the boarding passes on, the same phone that has the email detailing the address of the villa, the same phone that confirms the reservation payment, the same phone that has the ski hire and ski passes on, the same phone that takes holiday pictures, the same phone that communicates with everyone on holiday, the same phone that confirms the transfers back to the airport....
et cet ERA!

He recently suggested leaving your phone at home before travelling abroad.
Figuratively speaking. Take it, dont use it for unnecessary chit-chat but of course use it on Wifi or similar. Just like you do on cruise ships - there’s no roaming on them but if you need to use it, you can and it will cost more than a normal call but what’s it going to add to the cost of a holiday? Pffftt!

No. Because that won’t happen as long as there’s competition. Worse case scenario - leave the fking phone at home - you’re on holiday, remember? Really worse case scenario - use free Wifi to make all your calls!
Not easy if you are phoning a landline

Not easy if you are phoning a landline
Do people still use those these days? FFS, if you have to worry about necessary phone calls to the U.K. from abroad when you are on holiday, I suggest you stay at home or holiday in the U.K.

My mobile phone package, a fiver a month, allows me to use my allowance in the USA, Australia, New Zealand and a whole load of other places not in the EU. Why should the EU be any different unless, of course, they are being spiteful.

When you have frail family members living alone it can be re assuring to give them a call, or do you forget about your responsibility when on holiday

I’ve never taken a mobile on holiday.... ever.
It’s my complete switch off time. The LAST thing I want to do on holiday is deal with work stuff. Prepare & notify beforehand. Simple.

Sponsored Links
Back