Wago Style BS1363 Plug?

Yes but you can arrange the terminals in such a way that the earth is the last to pull out even if all three conductors are cut to the same length.

Screwless sockets are faster to wire than screw terminals and are often thought to be more reliable because the spring pressure can compensate for the copper compressing under pressure. The German VDE allowed them in 1995 and within only a few years sockets with screw terminals had pretty much disappeared from the market, even though you can still get them on order from all major manufacturers.
I still get a bit nervous with wagos I usually tape them so they cant open....with the sockets I do wonder if they open as you push them back, but not used one yet.
 
The ones commonly used on the continent are push-in style with release levers that need to be pressed quite hard. I can’t imagine the wires coming loose in one of these.
 
There are several brands of BS4343 commercial/heavier duty connector with spring loaded connexions but my experience is they don't stand the test of time compared with screw in types.
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top