We Need These Signs On Our Motorways!

Sponsored Links
I find over all that when the lorries have all disappeared and you are just left with cars, the motorways seem to work quite well.

When the lorries are all gone you will not be left with any cars either or people for that matter.
Where and how are you going to supply all the manufacturers that produce the cars and other consumer goods ?
Where and how are you going to get the food and drink that you require to sustain life ?
That might explain why you sit in the middle lane...............you are in a world of your own.

I find over all that when the lorries have all disappeared and you are just left with cars, the motorways seem to work quite well.

When the lorries are all gone you will not be left with any cars either or people for that matter.
Where and how are you going to supply all the manufacturers that produce the cars and other consumer goods ?
Where and how are you going to get the food and drink that you require to sustain life ?
That might explain why you sit in the middle lane...............you are in a world of your own.
No, you are actually. If we had a decent rail system most of the goods travelling up and down the motorways would be going by rail.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links

No, you are actually. If we had a decent rail system most of the goods travelling up and down the motorways would be going by rail.

We had a decent Rail System, road transport was and still is cheaper and that is why Beeching decimated what was a decent Rail System, just as the railways killed off the Canal System.

Yes the railway system we had was burned on the altar of capitalism.
So now all of the main traffic routes are clogged up with juggernauts belching out fumes, breaking up roads, contributing to snarl ups.
For moving goods over long distances the railway is much better all around, and if government subsidies were the way to make that possible that's what should have happened.
The country is too small for that to be viable.
The county is too small to carry on doing it the way we do now.

You have conveniently forgotten that the intercity motorway was NOT built for the private motorist to be able to commute miles to get to better paying jobs just so you and your ilk can greedy greedy your lives whilst stuffing up the transport network.

You're NOT supposed to be leaving the shire, so you can use Public Transport to get to your place of employment.

The Motorway network was built to move GOODS not people and now you have the audacity to complain WE are getting in the way of YOU !

What's that crap all about ?

We don't come into your place of employment and stuff your job up so GET THE HELL OUT OF OUR PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT (the road)

But that's not going to happen is it ?
Just like the morons who buy houses next to entertainment stadiums and then whinge about the noise !

As for forcing Commercial vehicles to stay in the inside lane.. Just lol
I wonder how you are going to get anywhere near a motorway after the gridlock the wall of steel in the inside lane will create and the muppets who don't know how to merge correctly causing the tail-backs leading to the motorway!!

The freight came off the rails because it was realised that road freight was MUCH MORE efficient and cheaper.

The government built special roads to allow the rapid movement of goods. They are called MOTORWAYS.

The only time I end up sitting in the middle lane is when I'm behind some tw*t in a lorry that decides to overtake for five miles.

When the M25 was widened I thought great, two lanes for lorries and two lanes for cars but no: Three lanes of lorries all battling it out.

You have conveniently forgotten that the intercity motorway was NOT built for the private motorist to be able to commute miles to get to better paying jobs just so you and your ilk can greedy greedy your lives whilst stuffing up the transport network.

You're NOT supposed to be leaving the shire, so you can use Public Transport to get to your place of employment.

The Motorway network was built to move GOODS not people and now you have the audacity to complain WE are getting in the way of YOU !

What's that crap all about ?

We don't come into your place of employment and stuff your job up so GET THE HELL OUT OF OUR PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT (the road)

But that's not going to happen is it ?
Just like the morons who buy houses next to entertainment stadiums and then whinge about the noise !

As for forcing Commercial vehicles to stay in the inside lane.. Just lol
I wonder how you are going to get anywhere near a motorway after the gridlock the wall of steel in the inside lane will create and the muppets who don't know how to merge correctly causing the tail-backs leading to the motorway!!

The freight came off the rails because it was realised that road freight was MUCH MORE efficient and cheaper.

The government built special roads to allow the rapid movement of goods. They are called MOTORWAYS.

Great - a lecture on motorway etiquette, from someone who appears to support those who think that 40 tonnes at 50 mph+ can safely sit 10ft behind the next wagon....and so on......

Unfortunately "Common Sense" is probably the rarest commodity in the World today.
Ain't that the truth.

How did this come about?
When was the ability to think and work out things yourself lost?

I wonder whether we have a chicken and egg scenario here.

Has common sense evaporated because of the government's nanny state activities instructing people to do the right thing, causing them to lose any need for common sense,

or was the nanny state created after the general loss of common sense in order to account for it?

In any event, I sometimes feel I am the last person to have retained any! :LOL:

If you're doing 70 in the middle lane you're not hogging it!
… but do you do it when there is no one in lane 1?

And if you're happily driving along at 70 in the middle lane, and I approach and remain alongside you at 70, but in the inside lane, what are you going to do when your exit looms? :LOL:

Remember, neither of us are speeding, and I never actually undertook you did I?

If we had a decent rail system most of the goods travelling up and down the motorways would be going by rail.

I agree. Although there would still be a need for HGVs to carry goods locally, it would certainly reduce, or possibly completely remove, the presence of HGVs on motorways.

As for the cost of increased rail freight traffic being prohibitive, has the reduction in cost of motorway expansion and even maintenance been taken into account?

Sponsored Links
Back