We Need These Signs On Our Motorways!

There's no point arguing with the type of people that try to justify driving in the middle and overtaking lanes only. Most of them openly declare that they don't give a toss about other road users so why would they give a toss about the problems they cause the rest of us. The best we can hope for is they eventually get booked and it costs them some money - and points.

No point arguing with the type of person who thinks speed limits are for everyone but them, we all know its usually not a case of one vehicle doing 70 and one doing 77 its one doing 70 and one doing 90 odd.
Exactly! But you'll never get middle lane hoggers and speeders to see what danger and nuisance they are. It's the impenetrable mindset of the self righteous.

Sponsored Links
I don't see a problem with drivers speeding in that it's up to them but the problem is when they drive too close. So you get the driver in the overtaking lane, actually overtaking slower traffic, doing 70mph (which is the maximum) and you still get someone up your a***.

There's a tendency for speeders to force others into speeding even though they are within their rights to drive within the speed limit and within the law. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing I would like more than to toe it up the motorway at 100mph but I also don't want a ban.

As for lane hogging, there are those that will sit there doing 60 and not move over for anyone (I actually believe they are too scared to use the other lanes) but also you get those that make a point of undertaking you even if their lane is blocked.

Common sense should prevail in all these situations but unfortunately is doesn't always.

If someone is doing 70 in the middle lane and there is traffic behind, why should he pull over? Unless it's an emergency vehicle.

Unless he's overtaking, why shouldn't he?
Because there is more often traffic in the nearside lane doing less than 70, which would result in the driver doing 70 having to pull in and out more often.
No matter what the highway code may advise this has to be more dangerous than sitting in the middle lane at 70.

If the inside lane is clear, you must pull in. I think there's something in the Highway Code about that.

If there's slower moving traffic in the inside lane, then there's no need to pull in, although that really depends upon how far ahead they are. Common sense really.

Absolutely Correct JBR
Unfortunately "Common Sense" is probably the rarest commodity in the World today !!
I have also found the lane hoggers also tend to be the Mobile Phone Users as well, so not much chance of them ever changing their selfish ways. They always argue about the "speeders" and how dangerous they are, but they have forgotten that the Speed Limits were imposed at a time when cars did not handle as well as today and when car brakes meant that stopping distances were more than double the distance of modern cars.
Mind you that does not defend the Speed Nutters who treat every road as if it were Brands Hatch, but again they are missing that rarest of commodities "Common Sense".

The people that blatantly hog the middle lane are the same people that block the aisles in the supermarket.

Sponsored Links
If you're doing 70 in the middle lane you're not hogging it!
I also love the way that people who want cars doing 70 to pull over and let them past cite the law to back themselves up. Do me a favour. :LOL:

Unfortunately "Common Sense" is probably the rarest commodity in the World today.
Ain't that the truth.

How did this come about?
When was the ability to think and work out things yourself lost?

Is it enhanced brain-washing or just, perhaps, the internet - look it up instantly?
No one actually needs to know anything today.

If you're doing 70 in the middle lane you're not hogging it!
I also love the way that people who want cars doing 70 to pull over and let them past cite the law to back themselves up. Do me a favour. :LOL:

I agree! I mean the ones that are doing 50 -60

I remember when I first started driving, I would see minimum speed limit signs. I havn't seen on of those for years now, do they still exist?

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
I find over all that when the lorries have all disappeared and you are just left with cars, the motorways seem to work quite well.

If the inside lane is clear or moving steady then obviously I would pull into it, that doesn't happen too often though does it?
There's always some lorry or whatsit moving slow up ahead somewhere, so there's no point pulling in just to let some mad arzes past when you're going to have to pull back out again further up.

There's always some lorry or whatsit moving slow up ahead somewhere, so there's no point pulling in just to let some mad arzes past when you're going to have to pull back out again further up.
'Up ahead somewhere' implies a fair distance so = yes, there is.

Bit like those who stop at roundabouts when there is a car approaching somewhere in the distance.

Sponsored Links
Back