What’s your view on the latest coronavirus briefing?

Only in your head.

For the sane amongst us, making the point that everything "the experts" say is safe to put into your body ain't necessarily so.
Why the quotation marks? The MHRA are definitely experts in determining what's safe or not for use.

That's not to say that the experts at the MHRA can never be wrong of course.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Never seen 'deformed babies' listed as a side effect.
It's a contraindication, if you're pregnant you shouldn't take it at all. Having said that the information in the pamphlet will list birth defects as a potential result of you did take it whilst pregnant.

Thalidomide has and had nothing to do with vaccines

It does when we're potentially having a vaccine developed and distributed to a huge chunk of the world's population in a matter of months, and safety checks may not be as thorough as they ought to be (there's accumulated knowledge and experience that has got us to the current safety checking regime so, to circumvent that to any degree, even for delivery expediency

And as for "no one gives a guarantee of absolute safety", I didn't say anyone did (in this context, anyway).
But there is a difference between mild or fleetingly - rare adverse effects, and ones that may be intolerably widespread and / or severe.

Hence the quotation marks.
That's not what quotation marks are for.

"Doctors" can make mistakes. "Prime Minister" Boris Johnson can misspeak. Everyone can make mistakes.

Even transam doesn't abuse punctuation that way.

Last edited:
But there is a difference between mild or fleetingly - rare adverse effects, and ones that may be intolerably widespread and / or severe.
There's a near zero chance of widespread and or severe effects. It's just how they work. For that reason it's a bad comparison for thalidomide.

It's like complaining that without safety cords on Jetskis and power boats you can have horrific accidents where they run out of control and kill people. So we should be very careful about buying that new Vauxhall Corsa.

It's a good example of why you need to test widely and for a diverse range of people, but it's a terrible comparison in terms of effects.

Last edited:
I have no patience for discussing vaccines with flat Earth ""everything is a conspiracy"" types...of which you are a prime example.
I didn't ask you to. You think it's clever to say this so that if I try to discuss that topic with you, you can cut me off. But the truth is that you don't know enough about it to engage in a discussion about it.
Heck, you can't even have a discussion without throwing insults around.

I am not a flat Earther.
There are no conspiracies.

Get thee back to school and attend science instead of smoking tabs round the bike shed or playing the nick.
I have 5 science qualifications under my belt, but I know it won't make a blind bit of difference to you.

You are the kind of person who, when encountering someone who has views you disagree with, treats them with disdain, ridiculing and insulting them.

Your MO says a huge deal about the kind of person you are, and it's not good.

Sponsored Links
Back